Audigy2 nx bass output confused

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy2 nx bass output confused

I have looked at the threads but i am still confused.
    I just want someone who has the same setup as me to tell me if i can get this sound card to do this.

1. I am running a 4 channel amp to run my front and rear speakers just using two outputs on my sound card (front and rear) thats fine so far.

2.Can I use the centre channel (only seems to work when i select 5.1)with another amp for sub bass in the back of my car in my boot.
    There is a volume control for sub woofer (Might come into play on 6.1 or 7.1)on the far left but doesnt seem to do anything but the center channel volume seems to work.

3. If so is the center just one channel or two.

4. Can I use a sub bass that has two channels in(left and right) and two speakers.

I think that about covers it

the center channel is 2 channels, but one channel is the actual (mono) centre channel and the other is a mono output for a sub. if you look in the manual it will tell you which is which so you can take the appropriate channel, use a rca Y connector (so you get a pos/neg rca or whatever you call it) and use it as input to the amp for the sub.
    2004 Ford Mustang Mach 1
    Specs: Epia M2-1000, 512mb ram, SB Audigy NX, Lilliput 7" Touchscreen, M2-ATX, DVD, 160gb HDD, gps, obdII, wifi, bluetooth, XM radio, HQCT and Logitech wireless gamepad.
    Install Status: DONE

My XM FAQ

Comment

ricky - does your amp for your front speakers have a low pass-through? Becuase you should send all of the sound through the 4 channel amp and have it hand off the lows to the sub amp. Also, If you still use your head unit - you will need to up the voltage of the audio from the PC - otherwise your HU will be loud and the PC sound will be lower - whatever you do - don't adjust the amp gains to fix the sound level.
      2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71
      STOLEN - M10000, 512MB, 60GB 2.5" HDD, 7" Custom mounted Lilliput, Morex 3688 Case, 90W PSU w/ ITPS, GPS & CD-RW/DVD. New parts ordered for the next generation!

Comment

Originally posted by pyros
        the center channel is 2 channels, but one channel is the actual (mono) centre channel and the other is a mono output for a sub. if you look in the manual it will tell you which is which so you can take the appropriate channel, use a rca Y connector (so you get a pos/neg rca or whatever you call it) and use it as input to the amp for the sub.

Just tried the center channel in 5.1 with sound out of both sides but it seems the centre channel volume adjusts both sides and the sub woofer volume doesnt seem to do anything.

Comment

Originally posted by nirvanades
          ricky - does your amp for your front speakers have a low pass-through? Becuase you should send all of the sound through the 4 channel amp and have it hand off the lows to the sub amp. Also, If you still use your head unit - you will need to up the voltage of the audio from the PC - otherwise your HU will be loud and the PC sound will be lower - whatever you do - don't adjust the amp gains to fix the sound level.
          I have no head unit i am waiting for you guys to make a fm radio i have seen it on the site somewhere.

I am using my sound card 4 channels into low input on my 4 channel amp and out to my 4 speakers(2front 2 back)
          I just want a bass box with another amp if i can with this sound card.

Comment

It is easy, use your front and rear channels to your existing amp - get a new mono amp and send the bass signal to that. I used to have my setup like that - it sounds pretty good! Make sure to change your setting in the Audigy2 setup. Probably the 5.1 would be best.
            2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71
            STOLEN - M10000, 512MB, 60GB 2.5" HDD, 7" Custom mounted Lilliput, Morex 3688 Case, 90W PSU w/ ITPS, GPS & CD-RW/DVD. New parts ordered for the next generation!

Comment

Originally posted by nirvanades
              It is easy, use your front and rear channels to your existing amp - get a new mono amp and send the bass signal to that. I used to have my setup like that - it sounds pretty good! Make sure to change your setting in the Audigy2 setup. Probably the 5.1 would be best.
              Would you not lose all the information (ie sound) sent to the centre channel?

Comment

very little information is sent to the center channel unless you are playing a DVD with 5.1 dolby sound... and even then.. the 2 front speakers will both share the center channel sound... so you are not really losing any sound at all...
                Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Check this out - http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...=connect+audio
                  Most of it is good...
                  2003 Chevy Tahoe Z71

Comment

Working...
                  X