cant get power to amp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant get power to amp

i ran the wire through my firewall and everything is fine.. and then i hook my ground and remote wire up.. then i go to go my power wire and i hook it up fine i go to check if i have power to the amp... NO.. i then redid the ground remote and power wires to my amp check it again NOTHING.. then i think maybe the power light is burnt out.. so i hook up my speaker wire adn then hook it up to my sub.. NOTHING.. got anything for me guys..?

Is your grounding point a straight metal contact w/ no paint in the way? That's a good place to start. Is the power wire secure on the positive battery terminal? Have you checked to make sure the power wire is actually transferring electricity w/ a DMM? Just a few ideas too look into...
    "I'm a dick!"
    "I must seek knowledge and it's bastard son truth" - The State

Comment

Are you sure you have 12volts on your remote wire? I know a few radios (not many) have the remote wire fused, check that. Or better yet, jump the remote input to your main power wire and see if it turns on.

Comment

Or better yet, jump the remote input to your main power wire and see if it turns on.[/QUOTE]
        is that safe to do.. or will something blow

Comment

use a different ground. i was helping a friend install his amp...they couldnt figure out whats wrong, so i came over with my DMM and measured 3 volts. he grounded it to the back seat which really has no good contact to the car chassis. just found a better ground and everything worked perfectly.
          rebuilding carpc... kinda..

Comment

Originally posted by Murphy3603
            is that safe to do.. or will something blow
            something will blow if you connect the remote wire to the + contact on the amp. you'll be fine though if you connect the power wire to both the + and REM contact on the amp though
            rebuilding carpc... kinda..

Comment

Get a mulitmeter, it will save your hours of testing different problems.

Comment

Working...
              X