Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adding DTS Dolby to my audio setup

Ok here is my dilemma,
    I am tiring to finish up my audio install, it all seems to sound good but I think that I can make it sound better. That said here is where I am at so far……. See base.zip

At this point I need to install some type of level control before the amps, as my fader and balance control are unable to account for the different efficiencies of speakers. I am running each channel from the head unit to a Y-splitter into a four channel amp. I am using two four channel amps, one for the left and one for the right. I am not sure if I need to use four adjustable line drivers or some sort of a unit for level control, like a mixer box for audio recording.

This I will need to figure out before continuing with the next step of my install, a Dolby DTS processor with an optical input. As far as running the head unit into the DTS unit, I think I will need to run the analog from the HU into the 2 channel input of the DTS unit. I am unsure if I will need to combine the front left and rear left into on cable, and the right front and right rear into the other. Or just use the front L&R and leave the fader all the way forward. Then as for the sub out, do I just leave it disconnected as I don’t have any way to turn it off in the head unit?

So this is what I have come up with for the integration of the DTS processor with my current system…. See DTS.zip

I don’t know if someone may have a fresh idea as to what I may need to complete this. If anyone has seen a better way to control the amp levels then line drivers or a better way to interface my DTS unit with my HU. I would be so grateful. Below is a diagram of my components connections for a reference. ….. see connections.zip
    I have also included a basic layout of speaker locations in my van …. See van.zip

bump -- any ideas , will the line drivers work?

Comment

buy a sound card with 5.1 and optical out in it

Comment

already have a optical output on my pc and a dts pross.

Comment

is there some reason you want to keep the HU?
          肚子笑痛了
          S60 Install

Comment

pc does not seem to get fm very well hu work better.
            it is easy to control volume, fader,balance,ect.

Comment

Yeah that makes sense. I would just hook the 2 fronts from the HU and leave it faded forward least for the FM, does the DTS proc let you controll balance and such?
              肚子笑痛了
              S60 Install

Comment

any thoughts on using line drivers to control speaker gain ?

Comment

I have to look around but i seem to remember seeing something that you could use to adjust them all in one unit, that seems kinda silly to have to install 4 diffrent line drivers.
                  肚子笑痛了
                  S60 Install

Comment

thanks

Comment

Alpine PXA-H700.
                      2007 Tahoe
                      Opus with iBase 896 and Pentium M 735 Transflective Xenarc Alpine DVA-9861, PXA-H900, Sinfoni 45X2 (2) 90x2, Genesis Dual Mono, JL 1000/1 (2), Focal Be tweeters, ScanSpeak Revelator Mids, Dynaudio MW170, Dayton 12" Ref.

My Install

Comment

must read from the start of this post--- kinda like Dr.Suess
                        I already have a DTS Processor, it is a Panasonic AC300
                        I already have a PC with optical output , it is a Shuttle
                        I do need advice with my curent system.
                        I dont need advice on how to buy duplacate hardware.

i am not tring to flame anyone. I am just looking for advice
                        on line drivers or level controls. and i do like green eggs and ham.

Comment

PM me if you need help. I have the panasonic CYAC300-EX running with the VIA M10k
                          -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Working...
                          X