rear speakers?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rear speakers?

I was tryin to get by with using the soundcard built in on my board, its a shuttle MN31L board, 1 line out.. 1 line in which can be the rear out.. well I connected the amp etc just as ppgt94 had shown using the 5.1 setup without the center and the sub. I'm using Mediacar as my front end and when I play music the rear speakers dont seem to be working.. I load up windows media player and everything works and it sounds aweesome.. any suggesions on how to resolve this?

Is Mediacar's balance set to 0% left/right?
    Leo

http://www.talkaudio.co.uk

A million people can't be wrong, right?

Well... unless they're all from the red states...

Comment

the balance is correct.. sound shifts from Left to right as I move the slider.. and its right in th emiddle so both my left and right work..

Comment

Hmm, with my audigy 2 nx it works perfect...

It probably is winamp that's not outputting well, don't know how to fix that. Maybe go into winamp settings directly?
        List of front-ends/usefull apps
        XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

The Creative Extigy would work fine too right? Anyones used an Extigy soundcard?

Comment

There's a plugin for Winamp to do 5.1 sound.

Comment

yeah some soundcards will only output to the front left and right unless something specifically tells them to, i use and extigy and in order to get the rears to work i need the winamp 5.1 plugin

however on my audigy the sound is automatically upmixed from 2 channels to 4 channels
              Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

Working...
              X