Audigy 2 NX full volume after resume

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy 2 NX full volume after resume

I hope this is not a dumb (already answered) question, but I just replaced the built-in sound of my EPIA M-10000 board with an Audigy-2 NX. Wow. It is so much more capable. It drives the amp in the car much more cleanly and to much higher volume, plus the graphic EQ is there, so I can use Frodoplayer instead of WinAmp (don't need winamp's EQ anymore).

Just one problem - when I turn the car off (hibernate) and turn it back on (unhibernate) the volume is 100%. OUCH!!

I have Frodo set NOT to go to 100% on resume, and if I kill Frodo before hibernation the volume of anything on the system is 100% after resuming - so it must be something the NX is doing on its own.

Does anyone know where within all these menus there might be a setting for the NX to stop it from doing this, or is there some other solution?
    SeeYa! -Jim-

When I searched I found this thread:

http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthre...y+resume+issue

Which describes using the wave volume instead of the main volume as a work around. Perhaps no one has found a more permanent solution as yet...
    SeeYa! -Jim-

Comment

Yep, it's a known problem with the NX. One work around is to configure FP to use WAVE for volume control and this just set your MASTER to 100%. The NX resume from hibernation problem appears to only affect MASTER. That's the only solution I've seen.
      2004 4runner

Comment

doh, you beat me to it!
        2004 4runner

Comment

Originally posted by rando
          doh, you beat me to it!
          Heh... yeah. Not by much - we were simul-typing.

I figured I'd better mention that I *had* done a search and found this work around (but no solution) - otherwise I'd get beat up with "do a search, newb" responses.

Thanks for your comments.
          SeeYa! -Jim-

Comment

Working...
          X