Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to hook up 1/8" Stereo Output Jacks to RCAs for Amps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to hook up 1/8" Stereo Output Jacks to RCAs for Amps?

This is really aggravating...

Both my motherboard and PCI soundcard have 1/8" STEREO outputs, so essentially I need to make a 1/8" splitter to dual RCA jacks for each of the 3 ports.

The thing is, the 1/8" splitter to dual RCA jack from Radio Shack (see pic below) is too thick, and thus I can only plug one into my card at a time!

So what are you guys using? Are you using a 1/8" extension to one of these above splitters? An extension like one of the ones below (right angle or corded)

It's 6 feet long though!

WHAT ARE YOU USING?

Thanks!

Kevin

http://www.compgeeks.com/details.asp...T2RCA2&cat=CBL

Should do the trick
    - Vorex Out

Comment

Originally posted by Vorex

you can find shorter lengths of the same cable.. go check at bestbuy or at radioshack.... so you dont have to worry about all 6 feet of wire cluttering up your install
      Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

or use cables4less.com they seem to have reasonable pricing.

Comment

i just soldered my own 1/8" stereo plug where it connects to the sound card. nice and neat!
          99.9% complete.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/212327

Comment

Spike, buddy, this is at least the second old thread you've resurrected today to grace us with your insight... you really should consider looking at the date stamp on these posts before replying... chances are nobody's still waiting from 2004 for a good price on 1/8" phone to RCA adapter cables...
            But don't take it from me! here's a quote from a real, live newbie:
            Originally posted by Viscouse
            I am learning buttloads just by searching on this forum. I've learned 2 big things so far: 1-it's been done before, and 2-if it hasn't, there is a way to do it.
            eegeek.net

Comment

aww come on man...he's just trying to get his post count up!

hehe

my $0.02 worth on the post however is to stay away from using the onboard audio (unless we're taling about SPDIF)....you won't get very good sound outof that 1/8" jack....and it most definately won't have enough signal voltage to make a ****....(.5v if I remember right...which is NOTHING)
              Jan Bennett
              FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
              X