Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renault Master VanPC and audio hook up question..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renault Master VanPC and audio hook up question..

Hi Guys...

I have a Renault Master van...and I have a PC system just about ready to drop into the van.

The basics of the system are:

1. Lilliput 7" touch screen
    2. Epia M10000 mainboard
    3. 12V DC-DC converter
    4. 80 Gig Drive.
    5. BU-303 USB GPS Mouse.

Going to use Frodoplayer...I really like that front end...

Now...I really donít want to mess too much with the van's audio system...would really like to keep the use of the stalk controls for volume...etc...

Has anyone with a Renault vehicle come up with a solution to get audio from the PC into the audio system...retaining the use of the stalk controls?

The only way i can see to do it is fit a Sony head unit with an aux channel, then buy the special lead to go from the Sony unit to the stalk controls. I would rather be spending money on other things related to the project.

Is there another way I havenít thought about?

I have four JBLís in the van alreadyÖ.I did think about using an old Audioline amp (actually a graphic with boost) I have lying here.

Then I could run two of the speakers just for the PC and have independent control over the PC with the touch screen.

Any ideas?

Thanks

VintageB3
    M10000 mainboard,256 RAM, 80 Gig 3.5" drive, PWS-120-M, ITPS, Lilliput 7" touchscreen, XP Pro SP2, Frodoplayer, Map Monkey, InfoMap Navigator 4, WIFI

Current: Bluetooth. Trying to get Phonecontrol to work with SE T610.

Originally posted by vintageb3
    Has anyone with a Renault vehicle come up with a solution to get audio from the PC into the audio system...retaining the use of the stalk controls?

The only way i can see to do it is fit a Sony head unit with an aux channel, then buy the special lead to go from the Sony unit to the stalk controls. I would rather be spending money on other things related to the project.

Is there another way I havenít thought about?
    A couple methods:
    1. FM modulator. As a general rule, these don't produce stellar sound quality. Search here for what others have done.
    2. Tape adapter. Obviously, this will only work if you have a casette player. Again, less than stellar sound quality.

Personally, I'd go with the Sony unit.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Originally posted by DarquePervert
      A couple methods:
      1. FM modulator. As a general rule, these don't produce stellar sound quality. Search here for what others have done.
      2. Tape adapter. Obviously, this will only work if you have a casette player. Again, less than stellar sound quality.

Personally, I'd go with the Sony unit.
      Hi DarquePervert

I have a Belkin FM modulator for my MP3 player....the Creative Zen...Its a PITA on a long trip....you have too keep retuning the radio every 30 miles or so...

I was looking for a hardwired solution....and did forget about the cassete adapter...it now makes me think whether or not a could wire and aux onto the radio's PCB....and take the cassete players channel. Maybe a direct in at the point could cause problems though.

At the end of the day...it is only a van...and you have to stop somewhere

Thanks

vintageb3
      M10000 mainboard,256 RAM, 80 Gig 3.5" drive, PWS-120-M, ITPS, Lilliput 7" touchscreen, XP Pro SP2, Frodoplayer, Map Monkey, InfoMap Navigator 4, WIFI

Current: Bluetooth. Trying to get Phonecontrol to work with SE T610.

Comment

Working...
      X