Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• steering wheel controls

Hello Everyone!
    Sorry for the question....if it was answered already I apologize...I couldn't find specific info anywhere...I have a 2003 gmc yukon. this truck comes equipped with a bose audio system, with steering wheel controls. How can I use my existing steering contols to control the volume, etc... on programs such as mediacar. Finally, my bose system also comes equipped with xm radio, but i believe it is through tthe car's computer itself. how can I integrate this existing XM radio with my new carputer? Is there a PAC interface or something that will allow me to connect it directly to my carputer, or do I need to buy all new XM equipment, i.e. tuner, etc...? And what software allows me to run Xm? I believe I read that frodoplayer allows you to do this, but how exactly does it work? Sorry for all the questions, but I just want to make sure I cover all angles before I go buying unnecessary accessories. I appreciate any help in this matter!!!!
    Thank you,
    Tom
    Via epia M10000
    12.1" VGA touchscreen
    XP Pro
    OPus 150W
    120 GIG Maxtor
    512 DDR
    Geforce 5500 Videocard
    Audigy NX USB sound card
    Wireless Keyboard & mouse
    Panasonic slim line -slot load
    w/ usb adapter
    IRMAN

This is the only adapter I know of for steering wheel controls.

It's for head units, but really it turns your steering wheel controls into a universal infrared remote.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2c51IiH...info&i=127SWIX

Comment

Do a search for SWC. There are programs and information there that will allow you to toggle your controls between the bose system and your computer. It can be an extensive process depending on vehicle specifics.

The swix requires that you have infrared input on your computer. Media center remote input does not work consistently (based on personal experience)

Comment

Originally posted by NYCdesignkid
        Finally, my bose system also comes equipped with xm radio, but i believe it is through tthe car's computer itself. how can I integrate this existing XM radio with my new carputer? Is there a PAC interface or something that will allow me to connect it directly to my carputer, or do I need to buy all new XM equipment, i.e. tuner, etc...? And what software allows me to run Xm? I believe I read that frodoplayer allows you to do this, but how exactly does it work? Sorry for all the questions, but I just want to make sure I cover all angles before I go buying unnecessary accessories. I appreciate any help in this matter!!!!
        Thank you,
        Tom
        The GM radio has a separate xm tuner box behind the glovebox. It may be possible to use the factory xm antenna, however the tuner box uses standard GM connectors for data and audio transmission. It would be up to you to reasearch and hack this cable (by way of factory service manual) as I don't believe anyone has done this yet. It probably can be done. The other route is with the xmd1000 and mod cable...(same concept but it already has been done)

Comment

Working...
        X