MP3 CD has issues with MP3 HU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP3 CD has issues with MP3 HU

Ok, just about every mp3 cd i make has problems. Not all songs/albums i burn to the disk work, they dont play at all. I have a pioneer mp3 HU and use nero and a pioneer burner to make the discs. Ive tryed burning at a slower speed, and tryed removing all wierd characters from the file/folder names.

Still no luck, is there some kind of special way mp3 cds have to burnt ? is there an exact bitrate format or whateva they need to be?\

this forum is for car pcs, try hooking up a computer to your car, your computer shouldnt have any trouble playing mp3s...

but seriously, a lot of head units have issues with many cheap brands of cd-rs, try looking for reviews on you headunit and see what people say about this. its a typical issue with many headunits. once you find the cd-r brand that your head unit likes, stick with that
    PC Components:
    Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
    My work log

Comment

Originally posted by Antone
      Ok, just about every mp3 cd i make has problems. Not all songs/albums i burn to the disk work, they dont play at all. I have a pioneer mp3 HU and use nero and a pioneer burner to make the discs. Ive tryed burning at a slower speed, and tryed removing all wierd characters from the file/folder names.

Still no luck, is there some kind of special way mp3 cds have to burnt ? is there an exact bitrate format or whateva they need to be?
      I don't think bitrate matters.
      Some MP3 CD players don't read folders/subfolders. Try burning the CD with all the MP3s in the root and see if that plays. It's a sucky solution, I know.
      Other suggestions:
      Make sure you're using a CDR and not a CDRW.
      Burn the CD without multisession.
      Finalize the CD after burning.
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Which Pioneer headunit are you using out of curiosity. Using the 4600mp here, and I can tell you that I've burnt CD's (CD-R brand kHyperMedia, CDRW brand TDK's) with subfolders and plays everything. One thing I should note is that you should make sure that you are burning a session that completely closes the CD, some units don't like the CD's to be left open ended.

Though, like said, who cares, get a carputer to take care of that task for ya.
        Mark

Car'Puter Project
        - Xenarc 700TSV
        - MSI RS482M-IL Mobo + AMD Turion MT-32 (25W)
        - 1x 256MB Corsair XMMS DDR400
        - M2-ATX
        - Belkin 802.11G W-Nic
        - Garmin 15H GPS
        - WinXP SP2 (NLited)

Comment

Yeah, well im using TDKs and theres no way im goin to put all the mp3s in root. they must be in folders. My pioneer HU is a DVR-108 8xwrite i think.

Originally posted by DaRacerz
          said, who cares, get a carputer to take care of that task for ya.
          Cant afford one atm.

Comment

Some HU can't read deeper than a few folders check your owners manual

there is a limit on how many folders you can put on the MP3 cd
            01001101010100000011001101000011011000010111001000 1000000101001001101111011000110110101101110011

Comment

Are you using cheap media? If so, try something different.

Comment

Also, some hardware mp3 players have trouble with VBR mp3s (my standalone DVD player has this issue), not sure about yours specifically.
                1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

Working...
                X