Alpine aux and MP3 question...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpine aux and MP3 question...

I have an Alpine 9833 with the Alpine KCM-122B M-Bus to RCA Adapter Cable. I hooked up a normal rca to stereo mini plug cable to the KCM-122B. I'm trying to hook up my Creative Nomad Zen Xtra to this setup but even with the Nomad volume at max and the head unit at max, I get a lot of static and can faintly hear the music in the background. Not a very good connection....
    Also, I plugged in an iRiver
    Did I buy the wrong cable? Should I have gotten the KCM-123B that goes directly to stereo mini plug?
    Do I need some sort of interference filter?

Or, more or a long shot...is there a creative interface for car stereos? Everything is iPod....

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks.

Originally posted by tarfelroy
    I have an Alpine 9833 with the Alpine KCM-122B M-Bus to RCA Adapter Cable. I hooked up a normal rca to stereo mini plug cable to the KCM-122B. I'm trying to hook up my Creative Nomad Zen Xtra to this setup but even with the Nomad volume at max and the head unit at max, I get a lot of static and can faintly hear the music in the background. Not a very good connection....
    Also, I plugged in an iRiver
    Did I buy the wrong cable? Should I have gotten the KCM-123B that goes directly to stereo mini plug?
    Do I need some sort of interference filter?
    It's probably the cable. You can get varying qualities of these cables. Try another one.

Or, more or a long shot...is there a creative interface for car stereos? Everything is iPod....
    No.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Surely there is an 'aux' switch you have to hit on the head unit to switch it to the aux input?

Comment

Yes, I am using the aux input.
        Also, in my previous post, I put down I bought a KCM whatever...it is a KCA type cable, for Ai-Net head units.

Comment

for the HU. There maybe some setting in there that doesn't enable the Aux input such as EQ curve, fader/balance/defeat ....
          The Aux maybe enable (by you) but other sound setting is off by default.
          2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
          89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
          Y2K Accord Dell GX150
          RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
          EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

I have an Alpine 7873 and I have a AI-net to Mini stereo plug adapter. All i do is switch to the AUX mode and i get audio in. Im not sure what the part number is. I used to repair stereos and we had a couple of those cables laying around, so i snagged two if them . And yes im using them both. Maybe if you have defeat on it might kill aux in. I'm not sure. Try to find the oter cable you may have spent too much to get what you need.

Next time i will read before i type. M-bus ya okay im dumb. ~
            Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

Fixed

My head unit is less than a year old, it is still under warranty. I sent it to the service center, which is avsl.net ( on the East coast). They replaced the Ai-Net controller and had it back to me two days later. It works great. I do get a little engine noise, so I am going to look into that, but at least it works now.
              So, that was my problem. Thanks for all your suggestions. Alpine apparently just make a bad part in my stereo.

Comment

Working...
              X