Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where does everyone buy there car audio stuff?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where does everyone buy there car audio stuff?

Just curious where do you all get your car audio equiptment?
    Nate
    I know what yer thinkin...did he fire six shots or only five...

Crutchfield or local shop.
    2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
    89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
    Y2K Accord Dell GX150
    RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
    EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Some dodgy geezer downt he pub

Looked on ebay? just don't buy crap!

Comment

crutchfield charges MSRP.....you can fimd audio equipment a lot cheaper with the same service at a lot of online places....

I get my stuff at cost from a local shop.....and from some sponsors....
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
          Some dodgy geezer downt he pub

Looked on ebay? just don't buy crap!

I have got stuff from IKE Sound before but I am looking for some higher end stuff.
          Nate
          I know what yer thinkin...did he fire six shots or only five...

Comment

like what high end stuff?
            Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

www.sounddomain.com they usually have good prices, and they have good shipping. reliable company.

I've heard of www.cbrstereo.com, they advertise on the12volt. They have good prices, but i don't know if they're a reliable company. I would assume so because the12volt member base is mainly installers.
              My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
              2 Kicker Comp 10"
              Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
              Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
              Check it out?!

Comment

For parts, someone on this board recommended KnuKonceptz.

I've since ordered from them 3 times, the prices are great and they don't overcharge for shipping. As far as components, I would purchase from a reputable seller on eBay. Often, there are HUGE markups on this equipment at any reseller and eBay will beat most resellers hands-down. You have to watch out for "authorized resellers" of certain brands. Sometimes manufacturers will not support their warranty if you purchased their items through a non-authorized dealer.

-HD

Comment

car audio generally has a 100% markup.....
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

forgot about knukonceptz, that's where i got my fuse block.. they have an ebay store too for clearance if i remember correctly.
                    My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
                    2 Kicker Comp 10"
                    Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
                    Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
                    Check it out?!

Comment

I had my eyes on the alpine CDA 9827 or 9830 for months. I went to Down Town LA (11th Street and Central = Audio equipment heaven). The cheapest price for the 9830 I can get is 235+tax none-authrized reseller. Crutchfield has them for 250 including free S/H, Dash kit, wiring harness, antenna adapter (for GM), and such. That is darn cheap.
                      Yes, Crutchfield charge at almost MSRP price. So I just check them for when they have stuff "on sale". Otherwise I go to little johnny at some corner.
                      2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                      89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                      Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                      RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                      EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

Honestly don't discount Ebay.

Research what you want then sit back and watch and learn. Do not choose the "Buy Now" for stereo equipment.I purchased Infinity Speakers that go for 450.00 CDN for 70 bucks on ebay. They work flawlessly and sound incredible. It is a bit risky, you have to trust the seller and ask questions like are they referbs or new, what is the warranty? DOA policy etc etc. But I am extremely happy. I just purchased Infinity components for the front and again was 1/3 the cost if I were to purchase from a store up here.

I also have purchased my GPS from Ebay.

Oh and watch the shipping, what some vendors do is low ball the cost of bids, then soak you on the shipping to make up for it.
                        2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                        2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                        Sound Stage
                        Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

for a good deal, you simply cant beat the for sale forums form the online communities.

I search for stuff on www.termpro.com for lots of power or groundpounding bass drivers, or www.caraudioforum.com or www.soundillusions.net for midlevel gear, or for the best deals I can usually find, bang for the buck equipment, or www.elitecaraudio.com for top end gear.

for other smaller bits of equipment, I like to browse www.partsexpress.com, www.davidnavone.com, and who can forget ebay.

sometimes, the best place to go simply is a local shop. batteries come to mind, I buy my batteries from Sears. Fiberglass and accessories, I like to support my local brick and mortar store tap plastics.

happy shopping!

Comment

eBay. Last place before I started using eBay was SoundDomain.com

Find what you like and what fits on Crutchfield, then go find the model cheaper somewhere else. Like eBay. (got my Audiobahn A3201T 300x2 amp for like $270)
                            95 Chevy G20 Vroom Boom Room
                            ...with a whole bunch of nifty ****... go check it out: VanDomain Page

Comment

vanman, how are rent prices in the alameda? Im in the almaden valley

Comment

Working...
                              X