Lower/Raise Volume = Car speed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lower/Raise Volume = Car speed

I don't remember what this is called, but is there a way with a carputer to make the volume of what ever is playing to lower when the car slows top a stop and then to go up again when the car starts moving again?

I seem to remember that one of my friend's cars had this OEM. It wouldn't mute the stereo, it would just ATT it. Like to 30% or something like that.

Please educate me on this.

Thanks,

Rafster
    Post # 3000

We had a thread about it.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

there is a few threads on this. you can easily link it to your rev counter or speed.

Comment

Yeah, I usually do search, but with this, I have absolutely no idea what it's called or what to search for. If someone could tell me what to search for I would not mind searching.

Thanks,

Rafster
        Post # 3000

Comment

Your fingers :P

JK.. I've had that in cars before, it's annoying sometimes.

Dave

Comment

Here ya go..

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/sear...earchid=650525

Could prolly search more and find more threads.. I just typed in "Speed volume compensation"
            Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

Thank you! Now that I know what to search for, it will be much easier for me to help my friend with his carputer build in his 98 Accord. He's very anal about his car audio, and needs this feature. His old Eclipse DVD system did it, and he doesn't want to lose the feature. Thanks again!
              Post # 3000

Comment

Funny thing is that that thread didn't give a "working" solution, it just gave ideas on how to do it.
                GammaControl v2.4
                SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

True, at least now I know what to search for. If I find anything, I will post it here.
                  Post # 3000

Comment

Originally posted by rafaelsherman
                    True, at least now I know what to search for. If I find anything, I will post it here.
                    Yeh... The app should be easy to make if you got GPS receiver
                    GammaControl v2.4
                    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

You just need to make an app that works with an input for a VSS wire. Most cars have a VSS wire at the ECU
                      1993 Mazda RX7
                      Dell Inspiron 8100 (laptop w/docking station)

Comment

Originally posted by David88vert
                        You just need to make an app that works with an input for a VSS wire. Most cars have a VSS wire at the ECU
                        And how does the VSS wire function?
                        GammaControl v2.4
                        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

VSS would be an OBD or scan tool function. Pretty much all scantools and OBD readers can read this signal. For different cars, it is set up different, but basically it's a hall-effect switch that rotates with the speedometer cable. Computer simply times how fast it's opening and closing and determines the speed of the vehicle.

Out of the two, GPS would probably be easier to do since not all of us have our ECMs hacked into or engine managment reading to our carpcs. I can imagine the GPS to be slow to keep up with rates of decel and of course a slow update rate, whereas VSS has a much higher update rate.

Many GM cars (amazing how people whined about this) have this feature with the speed adjusting the volume. My Trailblazer has it, and it's a really nice function. Takes a bit of getting used to it though. Some people complain that the change is not linear. The GM version bumps the volume up by every 10 mph or so. Works just fine for me.

If you could get this going, it'd be a pretty slick feature. Hopefully it'd be made for all front ends.
                          Progress Meter:

[|||||!||||'] 95% complete

It's in... it's finally installed!!!! But never finished!

"It works! It works! I've finally invented something that works!" -- Doctor Emmit Brown

Comment

Originally posted by carpcnoobie
                            If you could get this going, it'd be a pretty slick feature. Hopefully it'd be made for all front ends.
                            Well, if you change the main volume then it automatically affects all the frontends
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

The only problem with having another app constantly adjusting the main volume (possible several times per second) is that both will be fighting to set it, but if the frontend does it, it can just take it's volume variable (set by the GUI) and always pass it through the algorithm to set the main volume, when adjusting by user or by speed. It works so much better that way.

Comment

Working...
                              X