No announcement yet.

No idea where the noise come from!!

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No idea where the noise come from!!

Dear all,

I have install my car pc with the original car player. The noise come every time the pc boot up and the most terrible noise is the hard disk reading action and moving of the mouse.

The below action I had tried on.

1. I had try to use the mp3 player direct plug into the car player. It work fine, so I assume the problem not cause by original car player.

2. I boot up my car pc and I didnt plug the pc audio output to the car player, instead I using the ear phone to listen to mp3 it work fine. So I assume the problem is not cause by the motherboard build-in audio output.

3. I use a dry battery 12v to boot up the pc and plug the pc audio to the car player. It also work fine!

4. I had read some resource said that is the audio grouding reference point. I try to groud it as near as the car player chasis but still the same.

So I have no idea what is going on! It seem like when the car player and the car pc using the same power source (car battery) the noise will be generated.

Richard Ng

Sonic In-Car PC

how is your ground connected to the car? have you removed all paint from the grounding point? what RCAs are you using? how have you run all of your power and signal wires? are they all run next to each other?

Alternator whine is normally about a 3k Hz you running on factory speakers? what amp? factory headunit? what is a car player? do you mean to say the factory cd player?
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!