head unit problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head unit problems

my head unit was working fine and then one day it jus only play out bass.. and i have a 600 watt crossfire amp with 2 12" jl audio w3 subs with the amp turned up about half way.. any1 know whats wrong...?

sounds like you have a bad connection on the back side of the deck.....either your RCAs have come loose/off or inside the deck the board has lost it's solder joints.....have you tried taking the deck out and wiggling the RCA connections?

that is of course if you have an amp running your other speakers.

If not then I would check all your connections at your spekers, but I don't see all of them coming loose at once......sounds like it could be the deck

how old is it, what kind is it, etc....
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

rca's are fine and the head unit harness is all connected all wires are touching..

Comment

then i would wiggle it....if you wiggle it can you get some sound out of it.....now don't go and jerk it, just wiggle it a bit

unless you have one of those radios that will let you turn off the internal radio completely......so.......what kind of deck is it?
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

i have a couple questions ....

swap the red and white rca on the amplifier...so put the right rca on the left of the amp and put the left rca on the right of the amp...does the music swap sides or stay on the same side? also is the balance control and fader of the headunit set to center? again these sound pretty basic but they will go a FAR into letting us know whats wrong...let us know what u find out...

Kevin

Comment

it will swap sides but that wont do anything as far as the mids and highs.....it will change the subs sides but it wont get you any info on what the problem is for the rest of the system
            Jan Bennett

Comment

i was under the assumption he had all his speakers run off the amplifier or at least some amplifier/booster in the car...
              Kevin

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
              it will swap sides but that wont do anything as far as the mids and highs.....it will change the subs sides but it wont get you any info on what the problem is for the rest of the system

Comment

som1 had told me that my audio chips in my deck was fried... it was working fine one night and after a long night when i woke up that next morning it was only playin bass fomr the subs no sound at all fomr the speakers...

Comment

ok - so have you tried anything that we have mentioned?
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

yah ive tried all of them

Comment

so are u running your speakers off the headunit? or off a seperate amp?
                      Signature: [==||========] 20% complete

Comment

off the head unit

Comment

well unless the connections are lose or youve got some funky settings happening on the headunit i guess the internal amp is blown

Comment

i had my amp set kinda high but i dont understand why my head unit couldnt hold the watts...

Comment

i doubt the external amp has anything to do with this, keep in mind that your headunits power output is weak as ****, like 17w RMS, what brand is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X