1-DIN Project cases ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1-DIN Project cases ?

Does anyone know where i can purchase a single DIN metal case for a project ?

Jan
    Not doing carpc anymore

I have one of those Casetronic C134 mini-ITX cases and it is DIN alright but the case was too deep to mount in my dash, my car: Subaru WRX STI -2003!
    So make sure you have enough room to fit these cases!
    I am going for a custom made one instead that can fit both lilliput and m10000: www.tmz.com/wrx

/L-O

Comment

other than those cases, I don't think you have much of a choice....

the fact is that with computer components you can't really get much shorter....=/
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Well, the new nano-boards that is coming in a 12*12cm size :-)

Comment

yeah - but it's not out right now so it's not exactly in the picture yet is it

=]
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

the nano is not small enough for my project, it's a 1-din autopc with slotload dvd and in-dash 7" tft. the mobo i am using is a PC104 sized PIII/Celeron board from Kontron, it's only 96x90mm in size and only needs +5V, no ATX PSU needed = more space for HW

Jan
            Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

hmm, guess i'll have to build my own case then, none of logicsupply's cases are what i am looking for.
              Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

You want to get rid of that (casetronic c134)case that won't fit?
                EPIA M10000, 512 Ram, Opus 90, GPS, XM, 7" Xenarc, Pioneer HU
                Installed & Working....
                Custom enclosures
                Newbie Guide

Comment

Clean the guts out of an old headunit?

Comment

Originally posted by BassBinDevil
                    Clean the guts out of an old headunit?
                    yeah thats what i tried will its not really handy to much things inside and not really smooth, just get a sheet of aluminium and make you're own.

i'm interested to in the c134 heheeh
                    my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

Hi Jan!

How much is the PC104 sized PIII/Celeron board?
                      I would consider this if the pricing is in line with the EPIA-boards since the size and power-requirements seems really good...

/L-O

Comment

I was thinking...
                        What if I removed the guts from my old cassette player, kept the amplifier and connected it to the line out of the pc, use a slot dvd for the drive, a CF for booting a live OS (maybe some handmade XP embedded). I might also try to use-modify the PSU of the head unit.
                        Any thoughts on that approach?
                        Well maybe with nano-itx things would be more easy...

Comment

Well, the one i am thinking of getting is this one : http://www.nbn-online.de/PC104_plusCPU.htm called mopslcd7 which starts at 299 EU only abit more than say a MII-10000 epia.

Jan
                          Not doing carpc anymore

Comment

I'm not sure if you can fit indash-lcd along with the dvd-rom and mobo into 1Din case.
                            It just too much for a single unit. Other that that, you can get all the drawings from my side to build the 1Din metal case for EPIA-M mobo.
                            Car pc integration with ease
                            Car mediacenter

Comment

EPIAM-M fits with snap-in DC-DC power suply (such as PW-70A), slimline DVD and CF/IDE card adaptor in 1DIN chassis. All you have to do is use low profile memory and lower (then standart) standoffs for motherboard. tested.

Comment

Working...
                              X