Scion tC stock radio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scion tC stock radio

My buddy just got a Scion tC and wanted the XM radio added but the dealer wanted $400 for the option. I know pioneer makes the radio for the tC but does it use the standard pioneer data connector for the XM direct? if so that would be a nice savings

oh come on I know theres at least one Scion guy in here!

Comment

is that the boxy looking thing ???
      curious as to the look of the dash

sorry.... no help here

Comment

Originally posted by Don 944 LA
        is that the boxy looking thing ???
        curious as to the look of the dash

sorry.... no help here

No the "boxy looking thing" is the xB. The tC is a sport coupe.
        I can't help either with the problem, good luck!

Comment

most likely yes if its a single disc cd changer then yes u can use the I BUS thats what i did but i got a aftermarket unit so it mighttt be differnt best way to find out is to pop it open and check the back u will c a weird square plug (mines blue) not sure about urs but thats the best way to find out cuz if toyota can charge u 400 for it they prolly just get the reciever and crap and plug it in the back... i remember when i went to buy a xb they said the "bumper guard" aka a piece of grip tape with holes in it cost 300 bucks extra and the little crappy wing cost 400 so i said no its okai :-D

Comment

I have the boxy looking thing and it's not the standard pioneer plug. Your best bet is to get a roady and plug it in through the cd changer (PIE TOY03-AUX).
            And why haven't you convinced him to switch the stock radio for a screen. Those dashes are screaming for a xenarc

Comment

i agree with dazd&confuzd id put a 8 inch in it easlyyyyyyyy better yet i would put a 12 or 15 lol always ready to go big !!

Comment

i agree with dazd&confuzd id put a 8 inch in it easlyyyyyyyy better yet i would put a 12 or 15 lol always ready to go big !!

Comment

I just bought the xB.... I love it.

The connection on the back is not a standard Pioneer P-Plug.....trust me.

You can get the adapter mentioned above for Aux In..... I believe you have to press the CD button twice to get it to go into AUX mode.

The 8" xenarc will be alittle too tall for the dash.....
                  The 7" xenarc is not quite wide enough...

I'm leaning towards the 7" myself.

Everyday I drive I look over at my stock stereo and it whispers to me... it says replace me.... c'mon, you know you want to....
                  EPIA M10000, 512 Ram, Opus 90, GPS, XM, 7" Xenarc, Pioneer HU
                  Installed & Working....
                  Custom enclosures
                  Newbie Guide

Comment

i just baught a 2006 scion tc.....and i have 3 10 inch subs and an 800 watt amp....can i hook them directly to the stock stereo or d o i have to get a new deck?

Comment

Winner!!! This guy dug up a thread that's almost 2 years old. At least he searched though.

Comment

DAMMIT!!!

I really need to start reading the timestamps before I read an entire thread...

@relaxed15, you can hook them up to the stock deck, at the very least you can (assuming your amp allows it) hook up the amp to the speaker wires...

2006 Mazda 3
                        Behringer DCX-2496
                        JL300/4 Focal 6W4311B Focal TN52
                        JL500/1 JL10w6v2

Comment

Working...
                        X