2000 Mitsu Eclipse GT Aux-In

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Mitsu Eclipse GT Aux-In

Anybody using an aux-in for a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT? I have the in-dash CD changer that looks like it is part of the headunit.

Haven't taken the headunit out yet, but am afraid the the CD changer is wired internally to the headunit.

So, anybody have a setup like mine and an aux-in (where did you get it)?

btw, already and
    ----------------------
    C134 Case
    VIA EPIA M10000
    FrodoPlayer
    iGuidance + GPS
    7" touchscreen LCD
    2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT
    - V6 216hp
    - KYB-AGX adjustable struts
    - Konei Alloy 17" rims + Pirelli P-Zero's
    - AEM slotted brakes
    - AEM CAI

i have a 2k gt and i changed the entire system for that reason. the stock does not have an aux in ... You might wanna look in the eclipse forums though, i havent visited for 2 years now!
    The cd interconnects with a small cable to the main unit .
    -VIA EPIA M10000/512MB/40GB HD
    -DWW motorized 7'
    -BU 303 GPS w/iGuidance/ CF
    -Opus90w
    -Belkin Bluetooth
    -Pioneer HU

[||||||||||] 95% done

Comment

There is an adapter you can buy that will do this for you. if you look up the ipod mod to connect an ipod to the cd changer port then you can modify this for your project. the cable is like 30 buck if I remember correctly. I just read the post the other day. also try club3g.com

Comment

Thanks, I'll check it out! Really didn't want to replace stock headunit or get an amp, so hoping the iPod cable idea works. I'll post if I find the actual link!
        ----------------------
        C134 Case
        VIA EPIA M10000
        FrodoPlayer
        iGuidance + GPS
        7" touchscreen LCD
        - V6 216hp
        - AEM slotted brakes
        - AEM CAI

Comment

my situation was a little diff, i took the head unit out and input my cpu output into the factory amp/speaker setup.... works great

Comment

Originally posted by mr9802
            There is an adapter you can buy that will do this for you. if you look up the ipod mod to connect an ipod to the cd changer port then you can modify this for your project. the cable is like 30 buck if I remember correctly. I just read the post the other day. also try club3g.com
            club3g.com

Comment

Checked 3gclub.com and neweclipse.org, and concensus seems that it is impossible to hardwire to stock headunit.

If someone actually has a link to something that works for hardwiring, I would love to see (for a 2000 Eclipse GT)

Two options they listed were:
              - FM Modulator (really, really worried about sound quality, especially since antenna is in rear window)
              - Our cars actually have cassette decks as part of the headunit (along with in-dash CD changer), God knows why, but one guy just suggested using a tape adapter, hiding the cable --> much better sound then FM Modulator.

I will go this route unless someone has any objections to this headunit and this carputer joining in holy matrimony!
              ----------------------
              C134 Case
              VIA EPIA M10000
              FrodoPlayer
              iGuidance + GPS
              7" touchscreen LCD
              - V6 216hp
              - AEM slotted brakes
              - AEM CAI

Comment

tape seems to be the best idea then.. if you are good with electronics maybe you could direct connect the output of the sound card to the amplifier (its located under the passangers seat...
                I think i still havea diagram of the eclipse audio cabling i will check at home and attach it if i do.
                Where did you and the other guys put the pc? First i had it mounted over my feet under the area where the steering wheel is. It works perfect but i had to take it out cause its very difficult to reach and do upgrades. I got a case and i am still deciding where to put it.. probably in the back?
                -DWW motorized 7'
                -Opus90w
                -Belkin Bluetooth
                -Pioneer HU

[||||||||||] 95% done

Comment

I know nothing about this particular deck but in the past I actually sodered the output from the sound card to the audio output on the tape deck...maybe that is too confusing?
                  Nate
                  I know what yer thinkin...did he fire six shots or only five...

Comment

FWIW I have the 2002 Eclipse GT w/the Infinity sound system (sun and sound pkg), and I have the pinout for the 6-pin din (and a bunch of other details) between the headunit and the amplifier here: http://www.apeirokalia.com/mp3car.html (the article is kinda old as I've got a lot more stuff in it now). I don't have the CD changer so it prolly won't help, but in case anyone else stumbles across this thread in a search..
                    Epox EP-3VWB+ w/VIA C3 750MHz
                    Crystalfontz 632 16x2 LCD
                    DWW-7VGA 7" Indash VGA w/Touchscreen
                    Garmin GPS 18 USB
                    Terk XMD1000 XM Tuner (My VB6 Class)
                    Scantool.net ElmScan ISO (My VB6 Class)
                    PSK-3100 Traveller Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by takissd
                      I think i still havea diagram of the eclipse audio cabling i will check at home and attach it if i do.
                      So, do you have it? Also, didn't know my amp was under the passenger seat. Is this true on the 2000 GT also?

Originally posted by takissd
                      Where did you and the other guys put the pc?
                      Planning on under dash on passenger side, all the way in the back. Have the PC in a really small custom built case (will psot picks when I have it done). Will mount HD seperately.
                      What would be really cool would be in glove compartment, but not sure if it will fit. Just hopeful thinking. (btw, its a mini-ITX)
                      ----------------------
                      C134 Case
                      VIA EPIA M10000
                      FrodoPlayer
                      iGuidance + GPS
                      7" touchscreen LCD
                      - V6 216hp
                      - AEM slotted brakes
                      - AEM CAI

Comment

I have my (too large) custom case behind the passenger-side back seat, in the trunk. Wires are routed under the back seat, thru wire loom to under the driver's seat.
                        Epox EP-3VWB+ w/VIA C3 750MHz
                        Crystalfontz 632 16x2 LCD
                        DWW-7VGA 7" Indash VGA w/Touchscreen
                        Garmin GPS 18 USB
                        Terk XMD1000 XM Tuner (My VB6 Class)
                        Scantool.net ElmScan ISO (My VB6 Class)
                        PSK-3100 Traveller Keyboard

Comment

I currently have the computer in a travla c134 din case residing in the bottom din with a digitalww pullout touchscreen in the upper din. This summer I'm changing my setup, storing the computer in the center console (arm rest area) and installing the pxa-h700 control face in the bottom din.

Comment

here we go...

ok, sorry for taking me so long, it was not in the directory i thought due to a recent disk format but i got it..so here it is. also attaching anoyther file i had from the 3G forum...
                            I mounted my pc in the trunk. i have a travla C134 black with the opus 90W inside. They all fit in there. This is good, i can take it out of the car anytime i need and it looks cleaner too.. maybe i will take some pics.. Also i didnt want to do too much cause i am planning to get another car soon. So i wanna be able to return it to stock as easy as possible. hope the files help
                            Attached Files
                            -DWW motorized 7'
                            -Opus90w
                            -Belkin Bluetooth
                            -Pioneer HU

[||||||||||] 95% done

Comment

Working...
                            X