Which infiniti's Kappa Perfect vs. Reference

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which infiniti's Kappa Perfect vs. Reference

Ive got a Lanzar Opti4X400. Im trying to build a nice sounding system on a budget. I dont wanna go overboard. Does anyone have any experience with either of these speakers; Infinity Reference 6000CS 6 1/2" 2-Way Component System or the Infinity KAPPA PERFECT 6.1 6 1/2" Component System.

Edit: And now I see the Infinity Kappa 60.5cs. Thoughts on those too please.
    2.4 celeron
    150 watt OPUS
    micro atx
    xp pro
    tv/radio tuner card
    audigy
    Dual monitor Radeon
    802.11G Mimo
    xm pcr
    dvd
    gps
    8" Lilliput touch screen
    IGuidance
    dual optimas
    battery isolator
    15" screen
    My Truck

To be honest, they sound the same Ive had both.

Check the RMS wattage and see what you can handle from your amp. I dont recall exact specs but if one is 75RMS and the other is 100RMS and yer amp puts out only 75RMS, you go with what you can run/afford.

Infinity speakers are HIGHLY recommended by me, and Ive been through (with friends by proxy) TONS of brands of speakers in my car and the only ones NEVER to warp from sunlight/heat or BLOW are the infinitys i still have.

Sony, sucks. (good HU)
    Pioneer, sucks. (AWESOME HU)
    Rockford, sucks. (AWESOME AMPS)
    JBL, please. (total garbage IMO, keep JBL in yer home theater)

I mean some may flame me for this but I had a set of 6x9 Infinitys on my back dash (in my ol 626) and for 3 years the sun baked them and when I sold the car and removed the speakrs the rubber surround was distorted BUT THEY SOUNDED JUST LIKE THE DAY I BOUGHT THEM. Rockfords I used to have, melted. Pioneers, blew twice. Sony, TOO MUCH MONEY!
    (All done)
    iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

IMO it depends what else you have and what you are looking for for the most part the Reference sounds good, my friend has an entire reference system. BUT the Kappa Perfect sounds better if you do the WHOLE system except the sub or with the sub if that makes sense....But as just a single set of speakers in the system the diference I don't think is noticable.

Originally posted by n8scstm
      Ive got a Lanzar Opti4X400. Im trying to build a nice sounding system on a budget. I dont wanna go overboard. Does anyone have any experience with either of these speakers; Infinity Reference 6000CS 6 1/2" 2-Way Component System or the Infinity KAPPA PERFECT 6.1 6 1/2" Component System.
      Nate
      I know what yer thinkin...did he fire six shots or only five...

Comment

I have the Infinity Ref 6800cs components. They sound awsome, nice and clear. The nice thing about them is I listen to old rock stuff and my son is into Rap, house techno and whatever you throw at them the sound is rewarding I too was struggleing to go with the perfects or not. The price difference did not warrant what I was hearing.

If you have lanzar that means you are a best bang for the buck, good quality but not going to pay 700 bucks for speakers, or am I wrong?

My only disappointment is the quality of the crossover, but I paid 88 US bucks for the speakers so I am not going to complain.

***** 5 stars
        2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
        2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
        Sound Stage
        Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

I currently have a all infinity speaker sys. I have the kappa componnents up fron, not perfects, and kappa 6x9's in the rear powered by an alpine v-12 55x4 rms. They sound great. They are RMS hungry and I wouldnt advise running them on under 50RMS. The perfects are great but even more RMS hungry as well as more expensive. The referance are a great solution if your amp is not that efficient. www.ikesound.com, usualy has great deals on these speakers.

Comment

The amp is 100 watts RMS. The perfects are 100 watts RMS and the Reference are 90 watts RMS. So there isnt a big enough difference there to lean me one way or the other. I can get the Reference for about $90 and the Perfects for about $210. I'm going to use 4 of whatever I go with. In addition, I'm using 2 10w1v2 with a lanzar opti2x300 in a sealed enclosure. From what I'm hearing, I don't think I'm gonna spend the money on the Perfects. Unless someone changes my mind...which is still possible.
            2.4 celeron
            150 watt OPUS
            micro atx
            xp pro
            tv/radio tuner card
            audigy
            Dual monitor Radeon
            802.11G Mimo
            xm pcr
            dvd
            gps
            8" Lilliput touch screen
            IGuidance
            dual optimas
            battery isolator
            15" screen
            My Truck

Comment

Id say Reference! i have my whole car full of them and they sound amazing.

And they definatly last a long time, i have some from my old jeep that are 2+ years old and sound brand new.
              1990 Jeep Cherokee
              2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
              2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

Ok. Thanks for all the responses so quickly. I'm gonna go with the Reference. Thanks
                2.4 celeron
                150 watt OPUS
                micro atx
                xp pro
                tv/radio tuner card
                audigy
                Dual monitor Radeon
                802.11G Mimo
                xm pcr
                dvd
                gps
                8" Lilliput touch screen
                IGuidance
                dual optimas
                battery isolator
                15" screen
                My Truck

Comment

I was gonna say - the perfects are a MUCH better speaker than the reference, they LIKE power though. You will want a nice clean amplifier for them. They also have a HUGE magnet structure, so they won't fit many cars, just check the depth. But, as you asid you aren't looking for a bad *** system.

This knowledge comes form my boyfriend who sold infinity speakers for about 10 years

=]
                  Jan Bennett
                  FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

It's nice to hear from so many Infinity fans, especially after someone in this thread suggested I was ignorant for having them

I have Reference 605cs up front and 652i's in the back (both the previous generation) and swear by them. The Perfects are over twice the price of the Reference (I got all six speakers for what one set of Perfects costs). I haven't heard them but suspect they don't have more than twice the sound quality.

You won't be at all disappointed with the Reference series.
                    JW™