Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alpine HU w/ Aux in. Just clarify one thing for me please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpine HU w/ Aux in. Just clarify one thing for me please.

If I use the AI NEt Aux cable and plug my Alpine into the onboard sound card, then I would simply use Source and switch my Alpine to Aux and all the mP3s on the carputer would play through the alpine, correct? Even though Iv'e got amps running off the alpine too? Thank you. I've searched but didn't find anything that helped.

you are correct!

=]
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Thank you very much.

Comment

"If I use the AI NEt Aux cable and plug my Alpine into the onboard sound card, then I would simply use Source and switch my Alpine to Aux and all the mP3s on the carputer would play through the alpine"

what does he mean by Source???
        i want my audio setup like this.

Comment

If it's like my JVC HU there is a button, usually with a name like SOURCE that switches between FM,AM CD,Tape, AUX, Line in,etc. In my case its AUX that the computer is on.

Comment

Originally posted by TimmyM
            If it's like my JVC HU there is a button, usually with a name like SOURCE that switches between FM,AM CD,Tape, AUX, Line in,etc. In my case its AUX that the computer is on.
            Yep, alpine is the same. However, my Alpine can not control volume on aux.
            It's the cake having/eating thing.

Comment

Originally posted by more mods
              WTF?!? That must suck. I guess you have to use the computer to do that. I prefer the volume on the HU myself.

Comment

Originally posted by more mods
                Did you have "defeat" On or Off for Aux? Maybe that help, but I am not sure.

Originally posted by titaniumkingpin
                what does he mean by Source???
                Source here is audio source (FM, AM, CD, Aux/CD-Changer, ...) On most/all newer Alpine, you have to buy and aux adapter to plug in the changer port for aux audio in. Also, you have to change the setting under setup to have aux enable.
                2004 Matrix XR A7N8X-VM/400 AMD XP-M 2500+, DS-ATX
                89 Supra Turbo P3 [email protected]/Abit BE6 II, Alpine M-BUS Car2PC.
                Y2K Accord Dell GX150
                RoadRunner is the best FE PERIOD
                EmoRebellion is a SCAMMER

Comment

oh damn, i hope my alpine controls volume.
                  i got CDA 9831.
                  someone straighten this up.....
                  auxin from alpine to amp or line-in on mobo? or both?
                  i have phoenix gold amp and VIA M10000

thanks

Comment

yeah you'll be bable to control volume.

Comment

Hey more mods, I'm sure there's a way you can set up your HU to control volume on aux input. I came across the same thing on mine and solved it.
                      As soon as I arrive home I'll tell you how

See you!

Comment

auxin from alpine to amp or line-in on mobo? or both?
                        i have phoenix gold amp and VIA M10000

Comment

dont we all love the aux option on after market headunits :-D i know i love mine

- split it into 3 inputs pc dvd and another one for quick mp3 hookup or something

Comment

Originally posted by xdjxklusivex
                            dont we all love the aux option on after market headunits :-D i know i love mine

- split it into 3 inputs pc dvd and another one for quick mp3 hookup or something

am i really that bad with electronics? whats going on? im so damn confused.

Comment

Working...
                            X