FM modulator?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FM modulator?

Is there most SQ lost when using one? My first guess that there would be but with it being so close to the head unit and every thing I'm not 100% sure on that.

Reading would tell you the transmitter types have some loss the wired ones are generally fine.
    TruckinMP3
    D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Yea I'm talking about the wireless ones. Well I may have no option unless I find a radio in my price range with a line in.

Comment

I have a hard wired fm modulator, it's pretty high quality. you plug it in between your antenna and your head unit ... and it gives you RCA inputs

I got this one
        http://www.davidnavone.com/detail.asp?PRODUCT_ID=N-724

Comment

Thanks I was trying to think how a wired one would interface and I'm not sure why the antenna in didnt pop into my head. Any one have any pictures of wired ones?

Comment

Audiovox wired fm modulator You can usually pick one up at Circuit City for $49.99.

There's a qausi-downside to this unit - it has a power switch that effectively disengages the antenna input from the modulator, so you don't get any bleed-through from radio stations. The downside to that is you need to flip the power switch off to get AM/FM reception again. The clean reception makes it more than worthwhile for me. I just mounted the switch inside the glovebox, easy reach and flip.

Comment

Originally posted by jabrooks
              Audiovox wired fm modulator You can usually pick one up at Circuit City for $49.99.

There's a qausi-downside to this unit - it has a power switch that effectively disengages the antenna input from the modulator, so you don't get any bleed-through from radio stations. The downside to that is you need to flip the power switch off to get AM/FM reception again. The clean reception makes it more than worthwhile for me. I just mounted the switch inside the glovebox, easy reach and flip.

This is the unit I use, I have left the switch always on with no extra noise in the system.
              TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Wow they are realy charging for those arnt they. Seems like I may be better of to find a head unit with line in.

Comment

Get what you pay for.
                  TruckinMP3

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Originally posted by hcker2000
                    Is there most SQ lost when using one? My first guess that there would be but with it being so close to the head unit and every thing I'm not 100% sure on that.
                    no matter what kind you get, no matter how much money you spend, they are never going to be much better than FM in terms of sound quality. If you are fine with FM sound quality, then you should be fine with an FM mod. , first of all, I can't stand most radio stations as they play too much pop bull*****.....lol

so I don't listen to the radio, that and the quality is too poor...

but again, if you are absolutely ok with the quality of FM, then you should be absolutely fine with the quality of FM Mod....

and yes, wired is better than wireless....just know that with wireless, you might not be the only one listening to your music when you pull up at a stop light or the like....lol
                    Jan Bennett
                    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Thats the pluss side to the wireless I can pull up and blast some good old hair bands on the cars with the big wings that never get used. I have seen a few mods to incress the out put power of them I think I'm going to get a cheap 4 channel amp and say the F with the radio because like you said they only play crap. At some point when I have more cash I will probably pick up a wireless fm modulator and mod it maby slap a good antenna on there make me a rolling radio station. "Your listning to 78 camaro radio. The only radio station coming from a 78 camaro"

Comment

Working...
                      X