New option for getting audio from your pc to your HU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New option for getting audio from your pc to your HU

I don't know anything about this product, and I know many of us dont have cassette players anymore, but this seems like it might be a good option for some.

http://www.abe-hk.com/english/produc...e/cassette.htm

It is a bluetooth cassette adapter. It seems like if you had the required equipment, it would work pretty well because it is a digital connection, which should be free of the normal noise issues (ground looks, etc).

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

interesting find!

I still wonder about the quality of hte sound though....being that cassette is shiesty in the first place...lol
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

errrr what about the ole Aux port?
        2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
        2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
        Sound Stage
        Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

not every factory radio has aux. in
          Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
            interesting find!

I still wonder about the quality of hte sound though....being that cassette is shiesty in the first place...lol

Mmmm, dunno about that. I tried plugging my pc into the RCA's on my h/u and the ground noise was awful. I've now resorted to using my very old cassette adapter plugged into the audio out. Sound quality is pretty good, no hissing or interference. Seems to me that a bluetooth device may give even better sound quality without the hassle of a lead hanging out of the front of the h/u. It's got to be worth a try, anyone know how much it is?
            Only true postwhores remember everything they post

REP CLUB IS DEAD
            LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

well sound quality is one thing, talking about interference and ground noise is something different to me
              Jan Bennett

Comment

well sound quality is one thing, talking about interference and ground noise is something different to me

True enough. My point was I don't get any noise apart from what I want to hear through the speakers. Maybe the bt cassette might be a good bet for those without the option of an aux in.

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

I'm talkign about the ACTUAL sound quality, the accurate reproduction of sound, not the cross talk, ground look noise, etc....

a Tape player just simply doesn't recreate that sound like a cd-player can....
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

I thought that Bluetooth audio had a maximum bitrate of 64kbps?
                    Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
                    www.aimee.cc

Comment

Originally posted by Confused
                      I thought that Bluetooth audio had a maximum bitrate of 64kbps?

?

Bluetooth is a connection type, why would it have a limit on bitrate? It can only have throughput limitations, which is quite a bit better than 64kbps, I believe it is actually around 1 mbps.

As for audio quality, no matter what, the tape deck has a signal-to-noise ratio of at best 72dB, so from that perspective it would be impossible to match a CD player, computer or headunit based.
                      I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

I'm talkign about the ACTUAL sound quality, the accurate reproduction of sound, not the cross talk, ground look noise, etc....

a Tape player just simply doesn't recreate that sound like a cd-player can....
                        Yeah, you're right. But I drive a TDi Landrover so it is pretty hard to distinguish any differences in quality between my cd changer/pc/tape, especially at high speeds.

REP CLUB IS DEAD
                        LONG LIVE REP CLUB

Comment

lol - very true.....
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

That's so sad.. Run a terrible BT audio connection through an even worse method of getting sound in (tape adapter? has anyone EVER been happy with the sound of one of those? ) Sorry, there are better ways, even an FM mod would work better.

BT doesn't have a limit on sound bitrate, is has a limit on bandwith. Simply, you can't stuff more than a 64K feed through a BT 1 connection, not without tons of noise. And you only get a little better with BT 2. Bluetooth still sucks for music. When you're talking about something that's gonna be played loud through your stereo, you need to avoid noise.

Also, I really don't want that kind of a radio in my tape deck. not that I've had a tape deck in 10 years... but the tape read heads are sensitive enough, I can't imagine that thing doesn't create its own noise.

Comment

Originally posted by dave2
                              That's so sad.. Run a terrible BT audio connection through an even worse method of getting sound in (tape adapter? has anyone EVER been happy with the sound of one of those? ) Sorry, there are better ways, even an FM mod would work better.

BT doesn't have a limit on sound bitrate, is has a limit on bandwith. Simply, you can't stuff more than a 64K feed through a BT 1 connection, not without tons of noise. And you only get a little better with BT 2. Bluetooth still sucks for music. When you're talking about something that's gonna be played loud through your stereo, you need to avoid noise.

Also, I really don't want that kind of a radio in my tape deck. not that I've had a tape deck in 10 years... but the tape read heads are sensitive enough, I can't imagine that thing doesn't create its own noise.
                              While I agree on the whole tape thing, Bluetooth is NOT limited in bandwidth to 64kbps, its throughput is 721kbps and works fine for any audio and quite a few video codecs actually. As it is a digital format, it introduces just about no noise of its own, the only noise would be coming from the previsouly mentioned tape head or the DAC in the adapter itself.
                              I have found you an argument; I am not obliged to find you an understanding.

Comment

Working...
                              X