03 Bmw Z4 Amp installation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 03 Bmw Z4 Amp installation

Hi, i was wondering if anyone knows how to symply put an aftermarket amplifier/subwoofer in the trunk of my z4. It has the GPS navigation, dunno if needed but also it's the us spec version with ladies annoying voice. Also any tips on a car pc would be helpful for this car or my 03 BMW 325i
    God, All this <Matt's System > in an '05 760Li Would kick ***

come on guy's! Need to know by tomarrow and this is the best site ive found

Comment

bump

Comment

get a in line converter from ur back sepakers run ur power wires remote wire hook up the amp wire it to ur subs in the box put a low pass filter and have fun... search more on car audio sites you can get more information

Comment

dood - if you need someone to hold your hand like this I seriously hope that you aren't putting this in on your own......

you need to do some searching and read on how to do this as there are like a BAGILLION sites out there that will explain, step-by-step how to do this....

as for the CarPC....do some looking on here, you will need to design the carPC for your particular tastes and needs and space requirements....

you will find that people on here (including me) don't really like to hold other's hands while they try and figure out this stuff if they don't even have the drive and initiative to do a little bit of learning on their own....

you need to do some looking and ask SPECIFIC questions about capPC parts before you will get any valid responses from anyone, I can guess that's why no one responded to your post in the first place.....

and welcome! I do want you to know that you are welcome here. questions are always welcome. Just make sure that you do a bit of research first, you will learn A LOT by researching, more than you will by asking questions alone.

so again, welcome!
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

ha

try www.holdmyhand.com
            Go on and do it, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied,
            Whatever it is, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied.

CarPc progress |OOOOXCOOOO| 57%

Comment

Red, look his car specs - Z4 and a 325i - all cos "dad is fully loaded" - dunno why he jsut doesnt take the car to a car audio place and get them to sort it.

Or if he is actually trying to learn and do it himself then fair play to the guy. Everyone has got start somewhere and this aint a bad palce to start as we are a bunch of f'ing intelligent and helpful people (and are also pretty damn handsome and sexy if i do say so myself - hehe )

Bellainblue, as for your carPC in the 325i there are some pretty damn stunning 3 series installs in the completed projects section including one guy who makes 7" screen bezels (one of my favourite installs) to fit in your dash which would save you a lot of effort.

Wouldn't mind posting some close-up pics of the Z4 screen flipping mechanism woudl you???

Andy

Comment

heh - didn't notice the (dad's fully loaded bit...)

if that's the case then I won't be so nice....lol

just messin'

on a side note, even if yor dad is fully loaded, you had better learn to do things on your own son....because you won't be going through life with handouts....you will be in for a rude awakening....might want to start learning here

=]
                Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

for the monkey, sure i'll take pic's of the screen.

I'll change that "(Dad's fully loaded)" part because i mean't to say "It's my dad's and it's fully loaded" I'm only 14 and would tear the car apart my self and figure it out but my dad doesn't want his $50k car messed with without "Professional instrutions" (yes i'm calling you guy's profe's.

I have the sub and amp \/\/ look at my web page in sig, i just need help with the audio wire setup like for an aux out and mabey a rem out.

and itrain1007 go ahead and Scopata fuori della femmina

Comment

Originally posted by bellainblue
                    I'm only 14 and would tear the car apart my self and figure it out but my dad doesn't want his $50k car messed with without "Professional instrutions" (yes i'm calling you guy's profe's.
                    Scopata fuori della femmina?? Arent you to young to be talkin like that
                    Go on and do it, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied,
                    Whatever it is, do it, Do it 'til you're satisfied.

CarPc progress |OOOOXCOOOO| 57%

Comment

Rich kids.. pshh... I'm a bit jelouse...

Tips for car pcs: You must work on solving little problems yourself by doing a LOT of research... (others can agree with me here) These little problems eventually turn into more complicated prolems... which will , in turn, end up in doing more research... Because we are just reading your problems, we may not always be able to solve your issues... becasuse sometimes you just have to be there... If you are not willing to put the time into learning, then I suggest you pay someone to do the work and stick to as simple of a system as possible...

The real fancy car pc's you see on this forum, were put in by truely dedicated individuals that have spent months/years researching, testing and pulling out thier hair.

The fact is I'm a bit concerned if your going to tackle a project like this and have a question about how to install a simple amp. Maybe computers are your thing but not car audio, so in this case I'll be gracious enough and not flame ya... But I do recommend researching a little more next time you ask a question...

-Randy
                      Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
                      Via EPIA MII
                      512MB RAM
                      OEM GPS (embedded)
                      nLite WinXP pro on
                      1GB Extreme III CF card
                      Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
                      Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

He is 14!!!! WTF - jsut sit in the back with your laptop and headphones and let your dad buy the satnav system.

By the time you get to drive we will all be flying round in personal planes adn cars will be ancient history.

Comment

hahahaha
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

Scouse Monkey

still need those close ups? we have a Z4 could make soms this weekend
                            my destinator map resource down permanently

Comment

Originally posted by GReeToZ
                              Scouse Monkey

still need those close ups? we have a Z4 could make soms this weekend
                              Would be great. I am curious as to how they do it and i have only seen a distant still shot. Cheers

Anyone know someone with an A8 with sat nav? the way that screen comes out of the wooden trim is neat.

Comment

Working...
                              X