Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aux-in or not??

Need a bit of help and clarification

Dose the follwing term " Stereo Aux-In CD Changer Interface " imply that a stereo has aux-in connection at the back or not?

The reson is that I recently bought a dvd vcd mp3 player from ebay (foryou dvd/vcd/mp3 180 uk pounds) there is no mention of any aux-in in the manual. it dose state that it has cdc at the back (8 pin din socket) and is compatible with sanyo cd changers.

to me the term implies that there is a connection at the back that should accept an audio signal and not require an adapter for it, if it dose require an adapter it should be mentioned somewere in the page

any info will help

thanks
    Lilitput 7" touch screen :-( , Epia -M 256ddr, Opus150w,

I'd need more information to help you. what system are you using? are there any links?

most of the adapters that I've seen will plug in to convert a CD changer input to two RCA inputs. That's how I got my Alpine with CD changer to have an AUX-in.
    Epia MII 10000 512MB RAM - 60 GB 2.5" Hard Drive -Opus 90 - Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Panasonic 8123 Slotload DVD burner - PCMCIA USB2.0 Card - Rikaline 6010 GPS - PS2 Micro Keyboard

Comment

heres the link

the thing is that since i paid for the item using paypal im requsting a refund becuase the stereo dose not directly give you the aux in function as it states and to top it up i can even find an adapter and belive me i have searched very hard.

Comment

do you have the stereo in hand? all the websites I looked at say that it does, indeed, have an actual AUX-in (which means you would not need an adapter). I wish that the company would post the instructions (.pdf) or, at least, a picture of the back of the unit.

Unfortunately, this is the trouble with unestablished companies...
        Epia MII 10000 512MB RAM - 60 GB 2.5" Hard Drive -Opus 90 - Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Panasonic 8123 Slotload DVD burner - PCMCIA USB2.0 Card - Rikaline 6010 GPS - PS2 Micro Keyboard

Comment

and that is what relly bugs
          i went to the maufactures website and even there it states that the product has aux in. Ive fitted enough stereos to know what to look for at the back of a stereo. It dosent even state that you need an adapter to enable the aux in feature like the pioneer or alpine system

Ill see if i canb get the picture for yoy to have a look at. the 8 pin din connection looks very familar to the alpine cdc connection

Comment

"Stereo Aux-In CD Changer Interface" most probably means it's got some kind of CD changer interface and that if you get an adapter, you would be able to connect other auxiliary devices.

My Alpine unit has a IP-Bus aux-in cd changer interface, so it requires a IP-Bus adapter (CDRB10 or CDRB20) to connect devices like ipod to the head unit.

Hope this helps.

-Wilson

Comment

Originally posted by dwillyson
              "Stereo Aux-In CD Changer Interface" most probably means it's got some kind of CD changer interface and that if you get an adapter, you would be able to connect other auxiliary devices.

My Alpine unit has a IP-Bus aux-in cd changer interface, so it requires a IP-Bus adapter (CDRB10 or CDRB20) to connect devices like ipod to the head unit.

Hope this helps.

-Wilson
              I agree with you only if the selller mentions that an adapter will be required to enable the aux-in funtion. For example When a retailer is selling an pioneer unit which has aux in but rquires an adapter they will metion that somewere on the page the product is advertised on

Comment

heres the photo of the unit , any one know of any comaptaible aux adapters that will be compatible with this unit.

It states in the manual that it is compatible with samsung cd changers.
                Attached Files

Comment

most of the time when a unit states that it has aux in for a CD changer, that should tell you that it's a propriatery plug....why? because EVERY hu out there that takes in a changer is like that

I've NEVER heard of ForYou....that's a name that scares me to begin with....and the price alone would make me run in fear....all of those functions for next to nothing?! I HIGHLY doubt that the deck will last longer than a year....even if it does have a 1 year warranty...
                  Jan Bennett
                  FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

there must be some sort of aux adapter for this unit????

Comment

being that it's such a no-name unit...I highly doubt it

your only chance might be to look for a Samsung cd-changer - to aux-in adapter since that's apparently what the unit is using for it's changer controll

for future reference....any time you see something like what you posted at first.....it's NOT going to be your typical 1/8" phono jack....especially if they mention "cd-changer"
                      Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

any one any ideas of how to make an aux in adapter

Comment

you will need to find out for sure what type of cd-changer controll they are using - if it is in fact from another brand name company....and then you will have to find out what each pin does....
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

http://www.amabilidade2002.com/plugsjacks3.htm

it's a kind of stereo jack
                            CAR INFO HERE
                            "He who dies with the most toys, wins".

Comment

It could be either MBus or PBus. I bet it is MBus as it looks very similar to alpine units and moreover much more popular.
                              Car pc integration with ease
                              Car mediacenter

Comment

Working...
                              X