Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WinTV FM vs. RadioShark?

Wassup y'all,

I've been reading through the forum and have put together all the components for my carputer, except for a decent FM radio component. I bought Win-TV-FM-USB on ebay, but the FM reception (with the supplied antenna) sucks. Is RadioShark any better?

Does anyone offer an FM package with RDS?

Thanks for your help.

None available yet. Keep an eye on the sticky thread about an HU Quality AM / FM Radio with RDS in the fabrication forum.

And learn to use the search function.
    -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

okay, I give up, I'm sure I'm gonna get an ear full for this, but what is RDS?

Comment

I beleive it stands for Radio Data System. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Certain stations send out information with their broadcasts such as artists name and song title. Kinda like mp3 tags for the radio.
        Osiris Networx

--Tuning is all about price vs performance. You've got to find your own medium.--

Comment

thank you, and I believe you are correct. I did a little more googling and that appears to be it. It also appears that it's in the UK not the US.

Comment

I do beleive that there is RDS here in the US. Kenwood still sells RDS as a feature and some oem radios have this feature that i have seen work in action. Pretty cool actually.
            Osiris Networx

--Tuning is all about price vs performance. You've got to find your own medium.--

Comment

RDS in the US

RDS is comes stock on most new GM cars, I have a 2005 Vibe that has it and it work for most stations up here in Washington. It can brodcast station call letter, music genre, current song playing, next song to be played, and what ever else the station programs it to say
              Install { 50% } Complete for now.
              But stable and running happily

Comment

Sounds like a cool feature. The site I found mentioned it in the UK, I just assumed....

SVTRanger, You must be a navy boy being from OH (I'm in Federal Way).

Comment

Neither. Wait for the project to get done. In the meanwhile, enjoy a lot of mp3s

I'd love to see a nice 740iL install. Its one of my favorite cars
                  PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

If I can get to the stereo shop on saturday, I'll see you sunday in Corona!

Comment

Originally posted by BMW-7
                      If I can get to the stereo shop on saturday, I'll see you sunday in Corona!
                      Cool
                      PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Working...
                      X