6GB+80GB 2.5" HDDs-$130
    GPS-$60
    7" TS Lilliput-$280
    10" pioneer 500w sub-$55
    sony xm-3020 30W amp-$10
    jensen 340W A34XP amp-$40
    mp3car.com resources and members- priceless

Originally posted by joshthepilot
    I sure hope you mean the "stereo on" signal wire that goes to a power antenna and not the antenna itself. If thats true, then sure. 12V is what tells a power antenna to extend and lack of 12V tells it to retract.

Sorry, I didnt explain the problem clearly. I removed my HU, so there goes the aux inputs. Now, I bought an amp and I connected the +12v, ground, and the speaker leads etc. But the amp does not power up.

So i did a google search and they mentioned that i had to connect the antenna out from the HU to remote start the amp. However, since I dont have the HU, I dont know how to proceed.
    400W Power Amplifier -$25
    P3 laptop mobo-$30ish
    128MB RAM-$10
    6GB+80GB 2.5" HDDs-$130
    GPS-$60
    7" TS Lilliput-$280
    10" pioneer 500w sub-$55
    sony xm-3020 30W amp-$10

Comment

seems joshthepilot still answered your question. Your headunit (if you had one) would send 12volts to the remote start of your amp when you turned on your car. Since you don't have a HU, just connect the ACC line from your car to the amp. THis way, your amp will turn on every time your engine does.
      Epia MII 10000 512MB RAM - 60 GB 2.5" Hard Drive -Opus 90 - Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Panasonic 8123 Slotload DVD burner - PCMCIA USB2.0 Card - Rikaline 6010 GPS - PS2 Micro Keyboard

Comment

Originally posted by shamyday
        seems joshthepilot still answered your question. Your headunit (if you had one) would send 12volts to the remote start of your amp when you turned on your car. Since you don't have a HU, just connect the ACC line from your car to the amp. THis way, your amp will turn on every time your engine does.

sweet, thankx
        P3 laptop mobo-$30ish
        128MB RAM-$10
        6GB+80GB 2.5" HDDs-$130
        GPS-$60
        7" TS Lilliput-$280
        10" pioneer 500w sub-$55
        sony xm-3020 30W amp-$10

Comment

I would use a switch so your amp isn't always on when the car is on. Reason is you may end up with feedback if the amp is on and audio plaing through it. Sometimes when an amp is on and no signal from the rca's the amp will hum. However if you always have your computer on then you'll be fine this is only if your computer is off.

Comment

Originally posted by ithertz
            I would use a switch so your amp isn't always on when the car is on. Reason is you may end up with feedback if the amp is on and audio plaing through it. Sometimes when an amp is on and no signal from the rca's the amp will hum. However if you always have your computer on then you'll be fine this is only if your computer is off.
            No need to use a manual switch.. it's what the remote turn-on is for. The blue REM (+12) on your headunit goes to your amp's REM terminal so it only turns on when your HU is ON.
            CarPC Status: 0%[---]100%

Smashed 4" Lilliput
            66 Mhz Pentium Pro
            400MB Ultra 33 IDE HD
            EISA VGA card (16 colors)
            Windows 3.1

Comment

Originally posted by xtm
              No need to use a manual switch.. it's what the remote turn-on is for. The blue REM (+12) on your headunit goes to your amp's REM terminal so it only turns on when your HU is ON.
              If you read more than just that last post, you would have seen that it was mentioned in almost every other post that he is not using a headunit.

My contribution:

It is not necessary to do so, but you may want to look into putting in a fuse and/or resistor(to cut back current) so that you do not fry your amp running the ACC straight too it
              steven n

95 Saturn SC1
              Alpine 9831 + Blaupunkt SR04
              Stereo Integrity 327 Comps + MTX 4244
              Resonant Engineering XXX 18 D2 + Elemental Designs Nine.1 + 7.5ft^3 tuned to ~29Hz

Carputer Progress: Rethinking, box has consumed my trunk

Comment

Originally posted by khemical
                If you read more than just that last post, you would have seen that it was mentioned in almost every other post that he is not using a headunit.

My contribution:

It is not necessary to do so, but you may want to look into putting in a fuse and/or resistor(to cut back current) so that you do not fry your amp running the ACC straight too it

How much current does the "rem" on the amp draw? I guess it shouldnt be more than 100mA, right? since, I guess a relay should be in there? anyways, I can always use a relay and a remote switch.???
                P3 laptop mobo-$30ish
                128MB RAM-$10
                6GB+80GB 2.5" HDDs-$130
                GPS-$60
                7" TS Lilliput-$280
                10" pioneer 500w sub-$55
                sony xm-3020 30W amp-$10

Comment

Working...