Soundcard to Seat stock HU

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Soundcard to Seat stock HU

Does anyone know how to connect a soundcard to the cd-changer input on a seat stock hu (-01 i think). Guess this can be done via an adapter, but i cant find any :S

Also, will it be able to let the hu control playback on the computer as it would have controlled the cd-changer? (ie use hu buttons to play/stop next/previous track and so on...)
    My carputer

Old one

there is no such connector, although it can be done,
    wat you will end up with is a switch to flick between cd changer sound and pc sound

you must leave the CD changer plugged in as there needs to be a signal from the changer to the HU to let the HU know the changer is there in order to except sound,

what you do is strip down the chnager loom, and when you look at it there is 2 pairs of wires that are additionally sheathed off, these are your audio left and right, you need to wire in a switch and phono connector to switch between changer and PC

HTH

Comment

You can connect your sound card to a HU using an adapter from a site like this: http://logjamelectronics.com/ but they're expensive, and I don't know how to make them control your computer. That's what I'd really like to do with my computer too, but I still haven't figured out how.
      Old plans out the window because of an accident .
      Have: M1-ATX, EPIA M10000, 256MB, 60GB 2.5", slim slot load DVD
      Need: Time, HU integration, ideas for Lilli

Comment

Originally posted by FezzR
        there is no such connector, although it can be done,
        wat you will end up with is a switch to flick between cd changer sound and pc sound

you must leave the CD changer plugged in as there needs to be a signal from the changer to the HU to let the HU know the changer is there in order to except sound,

what you do is strip down the chnager loom, and when you look at it there is 2 pairs of wires that are additionally sheathed off, these are your audio left and right, you need to wire in a switch and phono connector to switch between changer and PC

HTH
        Well, I don't have a cd-changer. I just wanna hook my computer to the hu, as if it was =P

Found www.connects2.com
        My carputer

Old one

Comment

yea i got one of those sat in me glovebox

its useless without a changer tho, as the HU still needs the changer signal

i think the link RPI Geek posted doesnt need a changer but that the price you pay, cheaper to get a changer

Comment

Originally posted by RPI Geek
            You can connect your sound card to a HU using an adapter from a site like this: http://logjamelectronics.com/ but they're expensive, and I don't know how to make them control your computer. That's what I'd really like to do with my computer too, but I still haven't figured out how.
            They dont seem to support Seat? Or will vw converters work with seat? :s
            My carputer

Old one

Comment

Working...
            X