Toyota Graphic equalizer 1701

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyota Graphic equalizer 1701

I recently aquired this piece of junk from a nearby junkyard, and while my carputer is out of commission I feel like hooking it up. Anyone know of any wiring diagrams for it? There are quite a few wires coming out of it. Not the inputs/ouputs and power I was expecting heh. No obvious colors either. It has a direct hookup for the companion radio, but I was hoping maybe someone had a breakdown of that connector so I could cut it up and use it.
    "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
    RevFE
    My Shop

Your sig says "2.4ghz Comp back up and running" but you say "my carputer is out of commission". Good going there smart one!

Who gave you the idea that you can use toyota parts in a ford? whoever it was, they were an idiot. Most factory systems use proprietory interfaces.
    PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
    GammaControl v2.4
    SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

First off, I didnt ask for your criticism. Secondly, I dont change my signature every other minute with each little update. I never said I was going to in the end use it in my probe, I was just asking for a wiring diagram of some type.

Now back to the origional question, anyone have any idea? That is, anyone who isnt going to make useless remarks which detract from the usefullness of this board in general.
      "stop with the REINSTALLS, what do you think we got some lame-o installer!!!" - mitchjs
      RevFE
      My Shop

Comment

Originally posted by malcom2073
        Now back to the origional question, anyone have any idea? That is, anyone who isnt going to make useless remarks which detract from the usefullness of this board in general.
        Stupid ideas deserve dumb replies.
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

wow... calm down 0l33l
          New System in progress:
          M10k
          Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
          Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
          Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
          Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
          Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
          My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

Originally posted by scott_fx
            wow... calm down 0l33l

Look at my thread in the OT section...

But yeh, you don't use Toyota parts in an american ****box.

Also the guy didn't post what car he yanked it out of. Year or anything else.
            GammaControl v2.4
            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

I was planning on eventually using it in an Avalon, but I'm not tearing apart that dash until I know this thing works. You drive a lexus so I really dont expect you to understand anyway. As for what car it came off of, I have no idea, it was already out of the car, which is why I posted the name and number of it hoping that maybe someone knew of where to find wiring diagrams.
              RevFE
              My Shop

Comment

sheez Boris, that was all a bit uncalled for! Jsut because the guy has a probe not a Lexus! atleast he has a carPC installed and no dent in his rear fender! cool it!

Comment

You drive a lexus so I really dont expect you to understand anyway. As for what car it came off of, I have no idea, it was already out of the car
                  Well, the lexus uses all toyota parts, so yeh, I understand. I wouldn't be able to shove in any aftermarket cd-changers into my car. Why? Because it uses a special bus. And I'm 99.9% sure that your ford doesn't have the same bus as the car you pulled it out of. Why don't you go and figure out what car it came out of. Year of the car, model, etc. Oh yeh, since you already got it, why don't you atleast post pics?
                  Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                  sheez Boris, that was all a bit uncalled for! Jsut because the guy has a probe not a Lexus! atleast he has a carPC installed and no dent in his rear fender! cool it!
                  Didn't we have the anal probe discussion already a few months ago? 99% of probes I see around LA have dents or rust People don't give a **** about junk, they just use them and don't maintain them till they fall apart.
                  GammaControl v2.4
                  SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Originally posted by 0l33l
                    Didn't we have the anal probe discussion already a few months ago? 99% of probes I see around LA have dents or rust People don't give a **** about junk, they just use them and don't maintain them till they fall apart.
                    ahhh that explains it, someone must have mistook your lexus for a probe the other day!

I was about to say stop dissing the probe but when i left my house this morning there was a probe (a very rare sight) infront of my pug. it was the 2litre 16V with the crap alloys and laughed at it! and yeah it was battered. the 24V in dark metallic red with subtle bodykit doesnt look really bad though. there are worse cars but i am not saying i would have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Monkey
                      ahhh that explains it, someone must have mistook your lexus for a probe the other day!

I was about to say stop dissing the probe but when i left my house this morning there was a probe (a very rare sight) infront of my pug. it was the 2litre 16V with the crap alloys and laughed at it! and yeah it was battered. the 24V in dark metallic red with subtle bodykit doesnt look really bad though. there are worse cars but i am not saying i would have one.
                      Nah. My car doesn't look anything like an anal probe. Have you seen the size of the front? Its HUGE!

See, most probes are beat up. Probes are much more common here With all the body damage they are an eyesore. And yeh, I also laugh at em. But I laugh histerically at the Pontiac Aztec
                      GammaControl v2.4
                      SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

My probe is in near perfect condition, which is completly beside the point. As for the specail bus, its digitial and I'm sure there is a pinout for it much like pioneer headunits have the bus in the back which you can make a connector for, for aux input as well as CD changer control. I just cant find one anywhere. I KNOW it wont plug in anywhere which is why I'm cutting the bus apart to make my own connector. I have no way of finding out what car it came out of, and I'm sure toyota used it in more than one car anyway. It's at least 5-6 years old however from the looks of it. The serial number is 7702586. I would appriciate you not pulling this thread any more off topic, if you cant post something relavant to the discussion please do not post here.

On a side note, there are alot of people who dont take care of their cars. Lexus's and probes alike. Its not a car specific thing its a people thing.
                        RevFE
                        My Shop

Comment

can you get any pics of the unit?
                          肚子笑痛了
                          S60 Install

Comment

My probe is in near perfect condition, which is completly beside the point. As for the specail bus, its digitial and I'm sure there is a pinout for it much like pioneer headunits have the bus in the back which you can make a connector for, for aux input as well as CD changer control. I just cant find one anywhere. I KNOW it wont plug in anywhere which is why I'm cutting the bus apart to make my own connector. I have no way of finding out what car it came out of, and I'm sure toyota used it in more than one car anyway. It's at least 5-6 years old however from the looks of it. The serial number is 7702586. I would appriciate you not pulling this thread any more off topic, if you cant post something relavant to the discussion please do not post here.

On a side note, there are alot of people who dont take care of their cars. Lexus's and probes alike. Its not a car specific thing its a people thing.
                            Ok... so the bus is digital. So you have to make a converter. And this isn't one of those match the colors together type of converters. You'll have to make a digital controller than will get the input and then output. In other words, its going to cost you a lot.

Neither the serial number of the name (1701) check out anywere.

There's a lot more people who don't take care of their fords. I guess the people choose their company wisely. My neighbor has a 94 Taurus. This thing has a leaking moonroof, no headliner, missing a-pillar, scufed up trunk, falling off rear bumper, runs rich, and has a jam somewere in the tranny.
                            GammaControl v2.4
                            SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

If its anything like the pioneer proprietary connectors it is match the colors. 4 lines for channel + and -, one for play, one for pause, one for stop etc. I've taken it apart and I think I've isolated the power and ground wires, as well as all four channels in and out. I just need to figure out the rest of the wires.

I'll try to get pics of the unit, I dont have a digi camera though
                              RevFE
                              My Shop

Comment

Working...
                              X