power to amp problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power to amp problem

Ok guys i just recently sent my bazooka ela300.1 back to the factory to get replaced because i believed there was an internal problem with it... just got my new one today, hooked it up and still nothing

so i determined it wasnt the amp, so i got out the voltmeter and measured the +12v to ground to the amp with car off it was 12.2v... ok thats good, now i measured it with the car running... it should be round 13v sumthin right? wrong, its around 5v any ideas what could be the problem?
    Debating on installing a carpc in my Jeep.....

what kind of power cable you got from the battery?
    1990 Jeep Cherokee
    2000 VW Golf TDI 4dr
    2005 VW GTI MKIV - SOLD

Comment

umm i believe its a 8 guage

Comment

did you hook up a remote wire? was your power wire fused and ran straight from the battery to the amp?

Comment

looks like it was the fuse, because when i temporarily replaced the fuse with a metal screw to test the wires, the light on the amp turned from red to green... i still have to hook up the speakers and make sure they all work correctly though

Comment

Hmmm, sounds odd. Did you splice the wire into anything to get the power for the amp. When you check the voltage with the car running and a fuse in place does it ever resume to +12v?

Comment

Working...
            X