Where has the music gone???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where has the music gone???

Now, i know what everyone says about my problem, but i have a Koiiler 7676 amp and my box, every now and then is clicking out and the music drops in my box in the trunk. Connection is fine, wiring is okay, but the amp, supposedly, is good too. Tomorrow i'm going to get another amp just to test out if it IS the amp. Any other reasons why the thing would fail?
    Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
    Genesis has speed
    Genesis has class
    Genesis sent money
    before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

could be that the bass from the sub screwed something up inside the amp a cap inside might be burnt out or about to be burnt out my 1st amp did that and then it caught fire lol

Comment

is it clipping?

I know my amp has a clipping protection.. if the input voltage(s) get too high, it can damage the amp.. this may be occuring with your amp.

Do you have a pre-amp or line driver or something like that? I know that's the reason mine has issues.. i have that damn gain in the line driver turned up too much... damn low voltage soundcard!

Comment

I would check out the tinsel leads on the subwoofers. Possibly a bad connection there.
        WORKLOG

Asus P5N73-AN Mobo/Celeron E1400 2Ghz Dual Core CPU/2Gb GEIL PC3200/120GB HDD/DSATX PS/8" Phylon TS
        Webpage

Comment

Could be a overload problem where u might me running 2 ohms and the amp is cutting out, maybe the amp cant run the ohm load ur running it on.Id rule out the tinsel leads cause of the reason that thay would sound like u have a blown speaker if thay were bad plus that thay probaly wouldent work again if thay did cut out.
          2-15" ILO lcd w/DVI
          6800 gt Duel DVI out
          p4 1.6ghz flex atx board
          1gb 400 ram
          120gb(2-60gb raid) sata hd
          2-60gb hotswap
          WIN2K Pro SP2
          M.A.M.E. w/2,300 games
          CARPuter info

Comment

haha....chupacabra....great name man
            2002 Saturn SC2
            system install progress....
            [----------*---] 85%

Kenwood KDC-828 - eD 6500s - two eD 9.2s - eD 13kv.2 - eDead sound deadening - custom ported box - clifford matrix 10.5x

Comment

Originally posted by adidas445
              haha....chupacabra....great name man
              Thanks
              2-15" ILO lcd w/DVI
              6800 gt Duel DVI out
              p4 1.6ghz flex atx board
              1gb 400 ram
              120gb(2-60gb raid) sata hd
              2-60gb hotswap
              WIN2K Pro SP2
              M.A.M.E. w/2,300 games
              CARPuter info

Comment

thanks for all those who responded. The amp was just to weak. In the end, i just stuck in a RF punch and had to disconect the tweeters and the bass. It didsn't sound as good anymore, but atleast it was constant sound Now i have a new car, so i'm redoing eveyrthing and doing it right hoepfully. If anyone has any suggestions on an amp for a full range for cheap or knows anyone, let me know. Thanks again for your comments. I apologize for the 8 month lantecy...finals and school and then an internship took over and had no tme for carputers
                Carputer Progress: Here we go again...

THE GF THEME
                Genesis has speed
                Genesis has class
                Genesis sent money
                before your a__;)

Join the fight against carputters. EMAIL ME!

Comment

Working...
                X