No announcement yet.

What 2 speaker/amp setup should I get?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What 2 speaker/amp setup should I get?

I had all my stuff picked out until I saw this thread:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=40351

And now I'm convinced. I drove around for a few days with the rear speakers faded out and now I want just 2 speakers. I will probably still leave the stock 2 in the rear but I will fade it out 90%. If I happen to have passengers in the rear (which I never do), this will help their hearing.

So anyways... now I have $300 to spend on 2 speakers and a 2ch amp, instead of 4 speakers and a 4ch amp. What do you guys think?
    http://www.cardomain.com/id/seanklsc

check out www.thezeb.com for the cdt 6.5" components for $150. i have them and i love them.
    New System in progress:
    M10k
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Dynaudio MD130
    Phaze TD1500 ~> Seas g18rnx/p
    Zapco Ref 500.1 ~ 12" tc-9
    Behringer DCX2496 ~ Envision Electronics psu
    Transflective Xenarc

My Car Pc Install
    My Boat Pc worklog

Comment

My brother only runs fronts in his car, and he has the same car as you . He left his rears in though (but disabled) until just recently, when he deadened the entire car.

Their is an amazing deal at crutchfield.com right now for MB Quart amps, but the 2 channel one is still 250 (which is over half off). I ordered their 4 channel amp and subwoofer amp, and just got them in the other day. Let me tell you, those are some solid amps! And I think I can get you 20 dollars off that amp with their referral program, but most of that would just cover shipping.

The MB Quart amp would be overkill though, so you could look for something like a Rockford Fosgate amp. Just check thezeb.com, onlinecarstereo.com, or cbrstereo.com. Those sites seem pretty good.

Oh, and as for a different thread when you suggested the 98 Mark8 (I forgot about that thread), I really dont like the grill on the 2nd generation Mark 8s. I dont think it would be too bad in black though, or pearl white. And also, the small trunk and the fact it is only 2 door are negatives. But those are a few more reasons why I would want the 98 or newer Town Car. Either way, if I find a low mile Mark 8 in my price range when I go car hunting, I will definately check it out.

Matt

Comment

Thanks for the info! I'd never buy from crutchfield though. Soo expensive.

Is your brother on any mark VIII forums?

Comment

I have a real nice, BRAND NEW Alpine MRV-T320 two channel amp that I would make you a real good deal on... either sell or trade... I just looked at the factory test card and it was tested to output 82W per channel (two channel) at 14.4V... not a bad amp. Again, I'd sell it for a decent price or trade it if you were to have any GPS stuff laying around. Drop me a PM if you are intersted... meanwhile, I'll figure out what I'll let it go for. And yeah, lots of people who are into their sound quality prefer front stage only as music by nature is typically ONLY in stereo. Good luck!
          Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!) ;)

***Too many pieces and parts to list... maybe someday I'll show'm to ya!***

Comment

I buy from crutchfield often. their normal prices are not low but they have sales often and could be really cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Bailey
              Thanks for the info! I'd never buy from crutchfield though. Soo expensive.

Is your brother on any mark VIII forums?
              For the MB Quart amps, they are cheaper than the ebay listings, and have cheaper shipping too. It is because they are clearing out the amps for whatever reason. And yes, usually crutchfield is expensive, but I woudl reccommend it to any first time installer, because they actually give you a lot of information for installing. Not to mention, their 30 day money back guarentee, where you can return it if you dont like it.

And yeah, my brother is on the mark8.org boards. His name is jbuch or something like that.

Matt

Comment

What kinda information? Like a printed leaflet on a generic speaker install? They can't possibly give me accurate information for a 96 Lincoln Not more information than I could find on a specific internet forum anyways, like the forums I was speaking of... anyway I'll look out for your bro on the forums.

Comment

Heres my opinion.
                  http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...150D&scoring=p
                  And some infinity reference components.
                  2.4 celeron
                  150 watt OPUS
                  micro atx
                  xp pro
                  tv/radio tuner card
                  audigy
                  Dual monitor Radeon
                  802.11G Mimo
                  xm pcr
                  dvd
                  gps
                  8" Lilliput touch screen
                  IGuidance
                  dual optimas
                  battery isolator
                  15" screen
                  My Truck

Comment

Originally posted by n8scstm
                    Heres my opinion.
                    http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=...150D&scoring=p
                    And some infinity reference components.
                    Infinity comps are expensive, why the cheap amp? What specific model Infinity's?

Comment

What kinda information? Like a printed leaflet on a generic speaker install? They can't possibly give me accurate information for a 96 Lincoln Not more information than I could find on a specific internet forum anyways, like the forums I was speaking of... anyway I'll look out for your bro on the forums.
                      Yeah, they dont have specific info on Lincolns really (who woulda thought not many people who buy radios drive Lincolns?). In fact, they dont even know what speaker sizes fit in the Town Cars :\ (I assume 6 1/2 for door speakers, and if not, Ill make 6 1/2s fit). But what I am saying that for anyone who is new to car installation, the instructions of what to look out for and the proper way to do everything are all included (not saying you need it either). I just got my amps like I said, and I was suprised at how much information they gave. Obviously asking at the mark8 boards would be a lot more helpful, as they know the specifics for your car.

Oh, and another thing, Mark VIIIs are VERY noisy (electronically)! So if you are getting alternator noise over your speakers, make sure you properly grounded everyting (my brother had to make the ground tighter for his reciever), and turn the gains down a bit so that you have to turn your head unit volume up a little more. This will make it so you are running a higher voltage through the RCAs than you normally would, and believe it or not, it is very helpful. I put those MB Quart amps in my brothers car to have him test them out for a few days, and I set my gains properly (so that they were not clipping or anything), but they were turned up a little higher than my brother had his amps at, so at the volume he usually listens to his music at, he had alternator noise.

Matt

Comment

Infinity comps are expensive, why the cheap amp? What specific model Infinity's?
                        The infinity speakers are not expensive. I got a set of infinity kappa 6.5" comps. for $130. You can get the 2004 model Infinity Reference 6.5" comps. really cheap because they are there is a new one out. http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=6000cs&scoring=p
                        It's a good speaker. They used to run about $90 on froogle. Now you can get them for even less.
                        2.4 celeron
                        150 watt OPUS
                        micro atx
                        xp pro
                        tv/radio tuner card
                        audigy
                        Dual monitor Radeon
                        802.11G Mimo
                        xm pcr
                        dvd
                        gps
                        8" Lilliput touch screen