No announcement yet.

Does this exist? Single din amplifier?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does this exist? Single din amplifier?

I cant use my stock head unit, so I need an amplifier for my Car PC.

Now, I dont want nything loud, so smaller might actually be better for me. SOmething like 4X25W should be more than enough. I dont want this unit to have anything else (no Cd, no nothing).

Question is, is there anything such as a single-din amplifier? With a volume knob. This will solve all my issues, which are:
    1) I don't like large expensive amp in my trunk
    2) I want a volume knob
    3) I have a single din slot waiting to be used.

I looked all over the net and no such thing as
    2002 Honda CR-V
    Carputer progress: 90% [▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓ -]
    Spent so far: $1105.90

Download the NEXUS Skin for Centrafuse
    ...or even Listen to my music

It's called an eq or equalizer.
    Carputer status: [-*---------]
    Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Huh? Well, I did not know equalizer also amplified. In any case, is there anything like this without the EQ piece? Don't want to pay a premium if I dont have to!

Originally posted by shizzle
      It's called an eq or equalizer.
      2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
        Huh? Well, I did not know equalizer also amplified. In any case, is there anything like this without the EQ piece? Don't want to pay a premium if I dont have to!
        I actually had a hard time finding a decent one myself. I thought they were more prevalent, as I have seen them in action. Not all eq's have an amp built in, but I'm pretty sure thats the only way an amp is DIN mountable.
        I found a cheap one on ebay but it was only 60Wx2. Keep looking and Im sure you'll find a decent one.
        Im thinking laptop...

Comment

Dumb question, but if I want to power 4 speakers (2 F + 2 R) do I look for a 4 channel amp, or a 2 channel amp? NOTE: I don't want 4.1 audio!
          2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by justintime
            Dumb question, but if I want to power 4 speakers (2 F + 2 R) do I look for a 4 channel amp, or a 2 channel amp? NOTE: I don't want 4.1 audio!
            4 channel

1 channel per speaker

Matt

Comment

2 left, 2 right!
              Im thinking laptop...

Comment

or a 2 channel and all the speakers on the left are connected to the same channel and all the speakers on the right are connected to the same channel

can be done, but obviously 4 channel is better allows better control of volume of individual speakers,
                Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

OK, I figured. I just wasn't sure if a 2 channel was meant to be wired in pairs, for a total of 4 speakers.

So, a 4 channel amp gives you balance AND fader, right? A 2 channel wouldn't? (Assuming I use an active equalizer as the amp)

Originally posted by SAScooby
                  or a 2 channel and all the speakers on the left are connected to the same channel and all the speakers on the right are connected to the same channel

can be done, but obviously 4 channel is better allows better control of volume of individual speakers,
                  2002 Honda CR-V

Comment

Originally posted by shizzle
                    I found a cheap one on ebay but it was only 60Wx2. Keep looking and Im sure you'll find a decent one.
                    You mean an EQ booster? I have been around car audio for a long time and never have I ever seen a EQ have a built in amp, other then those crappy boosts built by pyramid way back in the day. I am sorry to say you will not find what you need in that wattage or with a volume knob. Even though most decks say 45x4 none come close in rms terms. It you want a true rms 45watt amp you are going to have to add one seperatly.

Comment

with most amps, you don't get balance/fader control. even volumn (gain) may not be easy to change if they don't have a remote.

I have two blaunpunkt PA amps in my odyssey. they are quite small and can be fitted into a single din slot. however they are 2-channels only.

Comment

I have one...but is 25 years old!!! ! 50w max X 4 channel!

Comment

prolly got tubes in it
                          (All done)
                          iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

They make lots of single DIN equalizers with amps built in. There called head units and your probably not going to find them without a CD player or reciever. If you want something cheap, your gonna have to compromise, if you don't, do it right and buy and external amp and stand alone eq.
                            StreetDeck.com Developer (I am Chuck)
                            Get StreetDeck at http://www.streetdeck.com
                            The Official StreetDeck Forums have moved, please visit us at http://www.streetdeck.com/forum for official support for Streetdeck.

Comment

most newer head-unit's come with some kick of there own, my JVC has 200 alone...

Comment

Working...
                              X