Whine with a twist

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whine with a twist

Hey guys. I've been through the forum and I know that grounding is the issue in most of these whining cases. Been there and done that. I was trying an RCA noise suppressor (ground loop isolator) earlier and the whining went 100% away. However, the audio from my PC became somewhat garbled afterwards. Remove the isolator---whine comes back pc sounds fine. What would cause this??

Thanks guys

caponet1

try to ground a SCREW on the case and on the PSU to the body try to make it the same point your headunit is grounded - if u got a stock headunit ur prolly gonna have to rerout a grounding point and also u need to ground the inverter to the same exact spot that should take care of it all i did mine the same way and i never had any problems untill now when all my grounding points got ****ed up when i tore the car up

Comment

try to ground a SCREW on the case and on the PSU to the body try to make it the same point your headunit is grounded - if u got a stock headunit ur prolly gonna have to rerout a grounding point and also u need to ground the inverter to the same exact spot that should take care of it all i did mine the same way and i never had any problems untill now when all my grounding points got ****ed up when i tore the car up for some more work

Comment

Thanks for the reply xdj i'll give that a go, however, im still confused as to why the rca noise surpressor would cause the audio from the pc to garble when all other audio is fine. Anyone got any ideas?

caponet1

Comment

Found this online:
          Cheapest transformers for audio use have some problems on the sound quality, typically distorted bass response and attenuating in high-frequency response. Basically a poor transformer slows down upper frequencies and allow the low frequencies to pass first, creating what we perceive as a "fat/warm" tone. Inadequate frequency response on the low end (rolloff at like 20Hz), causes low frequencies to be "slowed", allowing the upper frequencies to be heard first, this is perceived as "barky/ brittle".
          Ground loop isolators do vary in quality, i haven't used it, but this one was recommended: http://www.jkaudio.com/pureformer.htm

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

Great help Z! That makes perfect sense with what I was hearing. Thanks for the link. I'll check it out.

caponet1

Comment

Speaker Whine Killer

It seems that I have encountered the same problem many other carputer users have come accross. The dreadful engine noise/audible tachometer! I eliminated my problem by grounding my CPU's power supply case to the ground on my highend (highs) amp. The Amp for my sub's didn't seem to be effected. I hope this helps, I know I need the help. Now when my power module turns on my amps "silence" until I turn up the volume.

Comment

Working...
              X