Reverse mount/ inverted subwoofer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reverse mount/ inverted subwoofer

I have seen people mount their subwoofers upside down and I think that looks tight. I've been trying to research it on the internets but haven't found jack. I just need to know some basic info, if anyone can provide some links that woulld be awesome.
    Car Mods
    -no car mods

What info are you looking for? There is nothing to it just mount the sub upside down. There is no difference. You can actually make the enclosure just a hair smaller because the woofer will not be inside of it.

Sorry I do not know any links to help you out.

Comment

Ok. That's all I really needed to know.

Thank you
      Car Mods
      -no car mods

Comment

Check specs on the woofer that you're using. Some of them aren't built to be mounted that way.

Comment

Originally posted by SickVette
          What info are you looking for? There is nothing to it just mount the sub upside down. There is no difference. You can actually make the enclosure just a hair smaller because the woofer will not be inside of it.

Sorry I do not know any links to help you out.
          BOLLOCKS

Comment

Originally posted by HoSS
            BOLLOCKS
            ?

Comment

It is my impression that mounting the subs regularly/inverted doesnt matter. The inportant thing is that if you are using a sealed box for instance, you'll want to make sure that the air volume of the box is the same. Most manufacturer volume spec.s are for regular mounting schemes, which account for the fact that the volume of the sub is sitting inside the box, which subtracts air space. Some of the installs I've seen w/ one regular and one inverted are sweet... show off magnet baskets (I used to have 2 alpine type R dual coil subs... never got around to making something neato for them). Hope that helps

Comment

yeah - it can look good - but what about wiring? I have sen one maybe two vehicles where the installer actually put enough thought into what to do with the speaker wire...otherwise, it's about as lame as it comes....IMO at least...lol
                Jan Bennett
                FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I totally agree with Red. I have seen ALOT of cars with a really awesome enclosure and inverted chrome subs only to ruin the entire job with horrible wires going into the enclosure. Details are what makes or brakes the install.

Comment

b-r-e-a-k
                    (sorry that was the 2nd time I saw it misused tonight )

Yeah, before you invert the sub, get some blingin baskets and wires. Maybe even some EL wire for that special touch.
                    2007 Honda Fit Sport 1.5L SOHC-VTEC

Comment

it looks gay! haha i tried it sounds wack! its more showy i think sealed straight looks clean and sufisticated

Comment

right - there's just something wrong with someone like xdjaweortahadlkaf talking about sophistication

lol

hehehehe
                        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Well, to each his/her own. Whatever floats your boat.

I like car stereos that are showy, however, I would never build one myself. I prefer the stealth approach. I like my high quality *expensive* aftermarket stuff to be as hidden and inconspicuous to mischievous eyes as possible. Nothing begs to be stolen more than expensive bling bling for any passers by to look at. That's why I keep my subs tucked away in a plain black box with big grills where you can't even tell what brand they are. I don't go for the visually noticeable custom painted fiberglass boxes and stuff. Too easy for someone passing by my vehicle to notice. If you have a car and the subs will be in the trunk, then it doesn't matter so much, but I have an suv, so anyone that has a notion to can look in the cargo area.

I am a firm believer that car stereos (other than show stereos, of course) are meant to be listened to, not looked at. (except for the h/u or lcd screen, of course)

Comment

you must not do any of your own installing then...lol

because once you start installing it on your own you start to really appreciate the bling stuff.

While I understand completely what you are saying, I also believe that you can make a system look damn good and be hidden from prying eyes.

In a SUV for instance, you can make a cover that will cover everything while the rear lid is closed, but reveals everything once it's opened....same concept as in many hatch backs and waggons...

To me, what impresses is something that retains a somewhat factory appearance. These vehicles where someone has completely removed the entire enterior and rebuilt it don't really do it for me. Sure, they look cool, but IMO it takes more creativity and knowhow to stay within the confines of factory pannels, etc.
                            Jan Bennett

Comment

Actually I do all of my own installs.

It's the same way with home theaters. Not everyone wants the home theater system to visually dominate the decor of the room. That is why some people have the speakers installed in-wall, and they build a custom compartment in the wall to hold all of their mega $$$ rack gear. You walk into the room, and all you see is a plasma panel on the wall. In reality they have tens of thousands of dollars worth of gear in there, you just don't see it. You only hear it.

I feel this way about car audio. I like to retain as much functionality of the vehicle as I can, and if you make all these colorful custom mounts for the subs and amps, the look of the interior of the vehicle becomes dominated by the car stereo. If that's your thing, awesome, but it's not something I'm going for. Besides that, you don't have much room left to actually haul something in the cargo area because it becomes dominated by the audio equipment.

Comment

Working...
                              X