Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOW to control volume without head unit, help please?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOW to control volume without head unit, help please?

Hi, I am using a modded xbox with xbox media center, going thru a amp connected to the speakers.
    My only problem is how to control the volume without any headunit or anything.
    Is there anything I could put betwen the amp and the speakers.
    HELP PLEASE?
    Thanks

How about a Powermate or ShuttleExpress (search under Input Devices forums).
    2005 Black Chevy Impala
    Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

You could throw a pot in your audio line between your soundcard and amps. Maybe someone could post a schematic.
      My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
      2 Kicker Comp 10"
      Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
      Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
      Check it out?!

Comment

Rod Elliot has a nice cheap one you can build yourself, take a look at the log pot approximation circuit:
        http://sound.westhost.com/project01.htm

It won't look too nice, but you could probably hide it away somewhere and use that as your master volume control.

Comment

if ur using the xbox controller to control ur incar xbox, then the right thumbstick on xbox media center is used to adjust the volume.
          I am currently installing an xbox in the car and have installed the remote receiver in the dash and am using a learning remote (sunwave src3000) to control the box, am going to edit the keymapping so that i can adjust the volume, even though the box is connected to my head unit.
          So, theres two ideas you can work on.
          I'm not sure who I stole my avatar from, but I hope they don't mind, I figured it sums me up perfectly...... a pi$$edIdiot

Comment

Just use a pot with an audio taper. I just dont' know how to wire up the audio signal to the pot.
            My Carputer! (More Car Pics at the end)
            2 Kicker Comp 10"
            Epia M-9000, 256 MB DDR, 120 Gig HD
            Lilliput 7" VGA Touchscreen
            Check it out?!

Comment

Working...
            X