Focal beryllium component set

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Focal beryllium component set

all I have to say is OMG!!! HOLY HELL!!!

has anyone else ever seen a set of these yet?

a friend of mine who is sponsored by Focal, just recieved a set of his for his car this season. the crossover, is rack mounted......for starters......it's about a foot square and about 3-4 inches thick....and has 4 knobs across the front of it that are a good inch in diamater at least.....

HOLY POOP!

the speakers come in an aluminum suitcase that's a good 3 feet long, foot wide, and about 6 inches thick....

it comes tripple packed, with that aluminum case being the third layer

the mids are INCREDIBLE! so light, so beautiful!

wow....yeah - so now we're trying to figure out how we can fit a set of these in my car......hehehe
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

sopposedly those are some of, if not, the best comps out now. but for $4-5000 they damn well better be!! which set did he get???

Comment

I have seen them on the site,but not on sale,now i understan why.4000-5000$!!
      Download our catalogue here :
      http://www.noboringstuff.com/catalogoweb.zip

Comment

heh - retail pricing sucks.....

all I can say is that if I do end up running a set of them, I won't be paying anywhere NEAR full retail

he got one of the first production sets here in the states....took something like 3 months to get over here after they had finished production....lol
        Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

wow,you have the exclusive then!If there are some pieces you don't need send them to me
          Download our catalogue here :
          http://www.noboringstuff.com/catalogoweb.zip

Comment

hmmm... nice
            Never let the truth get in the way of a good story

Comment

They are a nice compent set that's for sure tweeter kinda reminds me of the Morel Supremeo & the crossover box is nice. If had 4K i'd a set one

Comment

I had originally wanted to rack mount everything in the back of my car but was stymied by the lack of equipment available in that format that wouldn't require converting from 120 to 12 volt (and the sheer depth of some of the items). The crossovers are really 19" wide? Or do they have ears for mounting them?
                2000 Grand Prix Carputer Project

Comment

it's one crossover for the entire set - well two - but they are in one box...and yes, it's really that wide..lol
                  Jan Bennett

Comment

Wow, thats fricken huge. :P And like 3 inches tall you say? I'd be curious to see how much empty space is in there.

I'm the long haired guy that talked to you for a bit with my brother at Texas Showdown BTW, if you remember me. :P
                    2000 Grand Prix Carputer Project

Comment

not much empty space AT ALL...the coils on these things were a good 3" in diamater....if I can I'll get a picture of them next time I'm over at his place....not sure when that will be though...lol

yeup - I remember ya! glad to see you're posting on here now!
                      Jan Bennett

Comment

Jan, just curious, how much weight did all that stuff you put in the car add? i.e. amps, subs/box, car pc, etc.

Comment

honnestly, not that much in the grand scheme of things...200#? so .2 second in the quarter....but for the GTi I'm not so worried about weight/speed....our other vehicles and bikes are for that...lol
                          Jan Bennett

Comment

Focal

hey just got the beryllium No. 7 just thought you guys would lie some info, the three ways are incredible one cross over covers both pais of components, can be biwired, what they call bi-amping. price about $6k they come in the aluminum case, foam padded and protect inside you also get a seriously cool allen set and a spec sheet with a rta of the system on a specific setting, the pair i received was an almost straight line except for slope increase at the begining. these speakers are ridiculous!!!!!!

Comment

Saw this auction link on another board for those comps:
                              http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...786925778&rd=1
                              Only $2,900!

Comment

Working...
                              X