Audigy Madness

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy Madness

Ok I've been reading through the forums and reading up on all the sound cards and narrowed it down to:Audigy2 ZS PCMCIA, Audigy 2 NX, Audigy Extigy hooked up to a lapotop. At first I am going to be using analog out to a 4.1 setup. Later on down the road I might upgrade to 5.1. I also might upgrade after that to a sound processor like the alpine PXA-H701. Why would I choose one card over the other that I have listed?

i had all kinds of problems with using standby and the two creative USB cards... im using the pcmcia now, but i havnt done much in the way of using/testing it yet... i'm hoping for the best, but fearing sound quality

Comment

per SQ, I've posted it before and I'll post it again...I head all of these complaints about SQ problems with the Audigy....yet I haven't had a single problem or complaint with mine...and I've won a few SQ shows and a best of show while running mine...

I'm running the PCMCIA card for it's optical out to the alpine that you mentioned....I've been told by a few judges already that I should have no problems winning world finals in my class and would probably out score 80-90% of those in the class above me....which is a pro class...

take it for face value....I'm just voicing my experiences....
      Jan Bennett
      FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Red GTi VR6, you using toslink to 1/8"? If so where did you get it?

Comment

1/8" to tos-link into alpine processor...yes

http://www.trianglecables.com/toslin...to-3-5mm-.html

for one...=]
          Jan Bennett

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

I'm using the Audigy ZS Notebook and am very pleased with the sound quality - no problems using it with my laptop in/out of standby mode.
            My install log
            My "selling entire system" thread

Comment

Red GTi VR6, how much of a difference did you notice before and after your PXA-H701? Isn't everyone downsampling their audio since their soundcard does 24/96 but the rest of their system doesn't?

Comment

before the alpine unit I had a completely different computer and system in the car...so there's no point in comparing the two...lol
                Jan Bennett

Comment

Anyone?

Originally posted by kevin300z
                  Isn't everyone downsampling their audio since their soundcard does 24/96 but the rest of their system doesn't?

Comment

Working...
                  X