Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

USB sound card...what do you plus them into?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB sound card...what do you plus them into?

So I was thinking about getting the SB audigy 2 usb sold on mp3car.com (link)

I was wondering if this plugs right into the amp or is it better for it to go SPDIF out to some converter (like the one phoenix gold makes...name?) then to the amps.

I'm about to install an IBM T40 into my car and I'd like to get rid of the HU completely. I have two phoenix gold amps to output to (one for main speakers and one for the subs). I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this.

Do your amps have optical in? If not, just take the RCA out on the sound card and input them into the RCA in on the amps? If there are no RCA outs on the sound card, you may need to buy a 1/8" to RCA plug that can be purchased for $6 at Radio Shack
    2005 Black Chevy Impala
    Current Status: Installed in Vehicle/Testing 75%

Comment

Originally posted by damado
      So I was thinking about getting the SB audigy 2 usb sold on mp3car.com (link)

I was wondering if this plugs right into the amp or is it better for it to go SPDIF out to some converter (like the one phoenix gold makes...name?) then to the amps.

I'm about to install an IBM T40 into my car and I'd like to get rid of the HU completely. I have two phoenix gold amps to output to (one for main speakers and one for the subs). I'm trying to figure out the best way to do this.
      Go to the FAQ Emporium and read. There's a FAQ about this very topic.
      Read, man!
      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Working...
      X