Input/thoughts on 6" components

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Input/thoughts on 6" components

I just started reading up & trying to learn about amps and speakers. Cant look at the specs/features and distinguish the good from the bad yet. any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

These Audiobahn DUB600C 6" components are incredibly cheap compared to some of the other brands I've been looking at, and The wattage seems a bit inflated at 200watts RMS. I'm Not to big on the crome grills, but thats what paint's for. I'm looking to buy 2 pairs, and At $56.00 per pair, it's not going to break the bank.

When it comes to 4 channel amps feeding your mids & highs, or the power raiting on the speakers themselves, what is an adequate wattage?
    they made me laugh
    -------------------------------
    "Damn pounds. Euros and USD!" - N09

"don't ruin my dreams! my parents did plenty of that " -Hcomplyr

first question, why two pairs? are you under the impression that you HAVE to fill every speaker hole in the car to get good sound?

as for the QUALITY of audiobahn, I'd spend my money on something else if it were me, but....that's just me

I can't stand their stuff. IMO any company that has to resort to playing copy cat to sell their products, makes me wonder about their quality....

BUT thedre are some people on here who might beg to differ.

The biggest thing about car audio is if it meets YOUR needs. Do those speakers sound good to you? Do they sound good to you when playing the music you listen to?

people will go back and forth every day about this or that speaker. But it doesn't matter what other people think on this level. They may only lisen to rap, or only techno, or only metal, or only classical....their impressions of a speaker won't tell you much if you listen to something else.

my advise to you is to go and listen to a bunch of speakers at audio shops. They will let you do that. And if you like, take a cd of YOUR music with you. Go in, ask them to put it in, and then LISTEN to the speakers.

Some will be more accurate on bass reproduction, mid-bass reproduction, highs, some will be incredibly harsh on the highs, some will be barely noticeable, depending on what you listen to and how you listen to it will determine what sounds best to your ears.

A LOT of people will come on and say that Infinity is great, is good, and it's worked for them. 9 out of 10 of them have NEVER had anything else in their car to compare it to. The same goes for ANY speaker for that matter. It's great when you get a review from someone, but when they have NOTHING to compare their thoughts to, the review is really pointless IMO. Infinity isn't bad, but it's not really good either. I'm just using it as an example in this case since SO many people on this forum seem to have gone with them....
    Jan Bennett
    FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

The speakers are going in a 81 Cadillac Eldorado. The factory speaker sizes are 3 1/2" in the dash and 5 x 9's in the rear deck. Given these sizes, some home-brew kick panels and rear side panels are in order. The rear deck is extremely narrow, so throwing in some bigger speakers in that location is not an option. The front kick panels and components have always been the plan, so why not install them in the back as well. The budget is kinda low, but thats how it goes.

Testing the speakers in a audio shop is the best idea, but for some of the speakers that are available online (at reduced prices) , this is not an option.

I was hoping that someone on the forum has had experience with audiobahn products. I remember seeing them solely in pawn shops several years back. Now, they are running adds in magazines. guess it's going to be a gamble.
      they made me laugh
      -------------------------------
      "Damn pounds. Euros and USD!" - N09

"don't ruin my dreams! my parents did plenty of that " -Hcomplyr

Comment

i saw those in pepboys today for 74.99 lol thats when you know its cheap
        i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Originally posted by ash
          The speakers are going in a 81 Cadillac Eldorado. The factory speaker sizes are 3 1/2" in the dash and 5 x 9's in the rear deck. Given these sizes, some home-brew kick panels and rear side panels are in order. The rear deck is extremely narrow, so throwing in some bigger speakers in that location is not an option. The front kick panels and components have always been the plan, so why not install them in the back as well. The budget is kinda low, but thats how it goes.

Testing the speakers in a audio shop is the best idea, but for some of the speakers that are available online (at reduced prices) , this is not an option.

I was hoping that someone on the forum has had experience with audiobahn products. I remember seeing them solely in pawn shops several years back. Now, they are running adds in magazines. guess it's going to be a gamble.

well, since I have had experience with them, I'll say it again, I would run as far away as possible from anything that says audio bahn

are you going for just plain loud or do you want to create an accurate sound stage and aim more for SQ?

sure SOME of those speakers avaliable online aren't avaliable in stores at the same prices, nothing says you have to buy them at the stores. As for not being able to listen to all the speakers that are avaliable online....doesn't matter

IMO, if it's not something that's avaliable in the stores then why risk your money? chances are it's a no name brand anyways if it's not avaliable locally....(depending on where locally is for you)
          Jan Bennett
          FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Working...
          X