Are my subs blown?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are my subs blown?

I have 3 12" kicker comp vrs running off of a jbl gto1201.1 II and a Blitz BZDIN7 in dash touch screen HU. My question is if my subs are blown or not. First I had a panasonic ghost touch screen HU connected and my subs sounded powerful and loud. Then when i connected the Blitz BZDIN7 the subwoofers sounded really quiet and like they weren't getting power. Someone said that I might have my connections hooked up the wrong way on my rca cables. I currently have it connected to the 5.1 audio out on the tv tuner. Could this be my problem? I have 4 speakers and 3 subs. Any help would be great.

What are the ratings on the Preamp out voltages of the two decks? This will can affect the difference in volume level. If the voltage of the new deck is lower you might need to compensate by turning up your Gain on the amplifier.
    1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

I just turned up my bass boost as far as it can go and it's still pretty low volume.

Comment

Bass boost and Gain are totally different things. By cranking up the bass boost you might make the bass sound really distorted and sloppy.
        1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

I just checked the manual for your amp, JBL calls gain "Input Level" try turning this up and backing down the Bass Boost a bit.

Comment

Ok this is really starting to get annoying but neways I tried adjusting the gains on the amp and it got a little more louder but not at the point it was on the first head unit. I think either my amp or subs are blown.

Comment

Originally posted by ghettz
              Ok this is really starting to get annoying but neways I tried adjusting the gains on the amp and it got a little more louder but not at the point it was on the first head unit. I think either my amp or subs are blown.

Did you check to make sure the EQ is set the same on the new head unit as it was the previous unit? You may have set the bass higher (or chosen, for example, the "rock" setting) on the EQ of the last one, which would have boosted the lower freqs.

Comment

Yes the eq is the same the only difference is that the new hu has a tv tuner box that connects to the subs with a y-adapter whereas the old hu connects the the subs using the regular L/R audio cables.

Comment

Why Dont You Try Hooking Your Old Headunit Back Up And Run Your Rcas To It And See If It Back To How You Liked It. If Not Than Your Amp Setting Might Need Adjusting. If Its The Same As When You Liked It That Means Your New Eq Needs Adjusting.
                  i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

Subs don't usually blow part way. Take all the subs out of the box and turn them on at a low volume and see if they move under thier own power. If they do pack everything back up, go get the yellow pages and take it to someone who can fix it for you.

Comment

Ok found a place that can do it tomorrow - hopefully they can restore them =)

Comment

What's a better setup - (series/parallel) = 1.34 ohm load or - (parallel/series) = 3 ohm load? Also which will give me more power? Running a jbl gto1201.1.

Comment

Double posting again..... http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=55276

Comment

Originally posted by dodgetimes2

Please treat him with respect. He has been double, triple, and even quad posting since he got here this week.

Guess we just have to put up with it.
                            ...I love the French language...especially to curse with...Nom de Dieu de putain de bordel de merde de saloperies de connards d'enculés de ta mère. You see, it's like wiping your *** with silk, I love it.

Comment

Yea I'm really sorry about all the posting guys it's just been one problem after the other but thanks for all the help so far this has been a cool learning experience. My problem now is that the amp won't turn on ever since I changed the wiring from 1.34 ohm load to 3 ohm load. The protect light went on once and turned off and then never came on again. The power light is always off. I have no idea what could have caused this. Also my head unit screen flickers and I can't see most of the controls (someone told me this might have to do with the memory b+, +12 volt accesory, and ground wire connections. Please help me find out what's wrong. I think I might just gonna go ahead and pay for the professional install.

Comment

Working...
                              X