Adding an Auxiliary Port

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding an Auxiliary Port

I've been looking around trying to find a way to install aux ports for a carputer on my stock head unit and I was wondering if anyone had any luck with a particular brand of FM Modulator, or if anyone could suggest an alternative that would supply reasonable sound quality. I thought of a tape deck adapter but I really dont want to have a wire running across my dash to my computer.
    I dont really need very good sound quality as the stock speakers aren't to great anyways. I have yet to find a modulator with any really great reviews but if some of you guys could post your good/bad experiences with modulators or any other means of adding an Aux port that would be great.
    1999 Ford Ranger
    XP 3000+, 512mb ddr, Abit VA-20, MX-4000, CDR/RW/DVD, 160gb HDD, GPRS Internet, Wifi, GPS, and Bluetooth (waiting on lilliput 8" monitor)
    Status- never ending

oops, misunderstood you.

Yeah get a CD changer Auxiliary cable if your head unit supports it.

Comment

I'd suggest looking to see if one of these before an FM modulater:
      http://logjamelectronics.com/auxford.html
      The sound will be much cleaner. Usually you can get one of these to work if your head unit has CD changer controls.
      7" Lilli TS, Soyo K7VME, Semperon 2200, 160GB Maxtor, 512mb PC3200, Deluo GPS, Panasonic Slim DVD/CD RW, Linksys WMP545G , Opus 150w, XMDirect, XP Pro, FP, IG [XXXXXXXXX-] 90%
      ATVMS.com

Comment

Well my head unit has a cd player so would it still support a CD changer Auxiliary cable or do I need to remove the head unit to check on that?
        1999 Ford Ranger
        XP 3000+, 512mb ddr, Abit VA-20, MX-4000, CDR/RW/DVD, 160gb HDD, GPRS Internet, Wifi, GPS, and Bluetooth (waiting on lilliput 8" monitor)
        Status- never ending

Comment

Working...
        X