Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• External 24-bit

Hi,

Bought this yesterday. Tried it on the carputer (in kitchen until car comes back), and it seems pretty cool. Just wondering what the general opinion of these things are, and I'd say it'd go well with JBL 75.2 and 1201.1 amps powering RE 12" (1) and a set of Rainbow SLX265 Deluxes?

L
    1996 Volvo 850 T5 CD - Eventually I'll start....

yeah i got the same sound card and its pretty impressive...Big improvement from onboard sound card...How are you gonna wire it up, optical or rca?
    97 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP
    P4 2.4
    Freetech MoBo
    DSATX 220W
    512 MB ram
    200 GB Maxtor harddrive
    Road Runner
    Iguidance 2.1
    EZSync 1.94

Comment

Probably RCA, so go SB->HU->Amp 1, and the LPF from that to sub amp.
      It 'left the origin country' (UK) on Saturday and still isn't here (Ireland)!
      Betcha it is, the bloody Irish haven't a clue about customer service/efficiency

Comment

do quick serach in this forum...I know a lot of people have talked about using or are using that same card....I know I looked into it for a while...

in this world...just about anything is better than an onboard card....
        Jan Bennett
        FS: VW MKIV Bezel for 8" Lilliput - 95% Finished

Please post on the forums! Chances are, someone else has or will have the same questions as you!

Comment

Amen to that, and even with ****ty $10 computer speakers, the difference between OBS and the SB Live is like night and day, and even better - the quality between the headphone socket and front out is astonishing. Not a bad deal for $70

Comment

I use that SB card in my current setup. Front and rear outputs going into 4-ch Kicker amp. Damn nice sound, do not have any complaints. I usually have the amp at about 25% gain, and the computer at 20%-30% volume and it is clear as a bell, and if i turn it upwards of 50% on the computer it is LOUD with no distortion. I am VERY pleased with this sound card, I am sure you will like it too!
            Progress: |##########| 99.99%
            - Tweaking and enjoying!!!! Never really done.....

-= MachPuter Project =-
            -= MachPuter Project Worklog=-

Comment

hell yeah! Just have one of the Rainbow SLXs off a PA amp in the kitchen....damn sexy piece= of kit!

Comment

Originally posted by Red GTi VR6
                in this world...just about anything is better than an onboard card....

Yep
                2008 350z GT Installed since April 22nd 2011 - Worklog
                2000 Protege Installed Since April 2, 2005 - Intel D201GLY|Fusion Brain|ODBPros ODBII|Engenius|GPS Rikaline|Powermate|Motorized Lilli
                Sound Stage
                Eclipse|MTX|Infinity

Comment

Does this sound card support hibernation? My Audigy2 NX doesn't support it, and I'm looking for an alternative.

2004 Nissan 350z Daytona Blue
                  2x 10" IDMax D4
                  1250.1 kicker amp
                  crappy dell carputer

Comment

Originally posted by Carter
                    Does this sound card support hibernation? My Audigy2 NX doesn't support it, and I'm looking for an alternative.
                    I've never had problems with hibernation with mine.
                    Progress: |##########| 99.99%
                    - Tweaking and enjoying!!!! Never really done.....

-= MachPuter Project =-
                    -= MachPuter Project Worklog=-

Comment

I wonder how you got it to work then. The usb audigy 2 NX doesn't support hibernation.
                      When I start up my computer from hibernation the sound card never turns on.

2004 Nissan 350z Daytona Blue
                      2x 10" IDMax D4
                      1250.1 kicker amp
                      crappy dell carputer

Comment

What's the processor speed you guys are running in your car. I bought this soundcard over the week end and tried to run it on my home PC (Pentium III 899MHz), it struggle to play properly. The system minimum requirement is Pentium III 800Mhz.

Comment

I'm running 1GHz, overclocked from 833. Have you considered overclocking your comp>

Comment

Originally posted by Carter
                            I wonder how you got it to work then. The usb audigy 2 NX doesn't support hibernation.
                            When I start up my computer from hibernation the sound card never turns on.
                            Just use the latest drivers from the creative website, those ment to be for XP SP2, it worked for me.

Only thing is ,I can't get the CMSS setting coming out of hibernate. Have to manually adjust those every time.
                            Finished!
                            pc 99% - install 100% - audio 100%

Comment

Originally posted by Phythorian
                              Just use the latest drivers from the creative website, those ment to be for XP SP2, it worked for me.

Only thing is ,I can't get the CMSS setting coming out of hibernate. Have to manually adjust those every time.
                              That's good to hear...hibernation issues were keeping me from using my audigy 2nx. Does the volume resume at the same level when resuming from hibernation?
                              My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

Working...
                              X