No announcement yet.

Audiobahn ADD51T $149 Is this for real?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audiobahn ADD51T $149 Is this for real?

Found this while I was searching for a DSP on the net,

http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/3976

This seems to be a very good deal, the nearest best offer I could find was at least $250 more expensive.

Has anybody have any experience with ikesound?

Another question, what are other good DSP besides the Alpine PXA-H701 and the Audiobahn ADD51T?
    Finished!
    pc 99% - install 100% - audio 100%

only sell on ebay for $165

Comment

ikesound is completely legit

Comment

The ones on ebay for $165 are being sold by Ike. Hmm, buy on ebay or pay $15 less on their own site.

I've spent way too many hours doing research, seems like this is the best option for the money by far to go from spdif to 6 channel. There really aren't many options until you hit $1000+, and then you get a bunch unneeded features. And all the amps with spdif input pretty much suck when you consider cost and power output.

I'm getting this.
        In progress: M10000; Travla c134; Xenarc 700TSV; Hitachi 80GB 2.5"; 256MB ULP; M2-ATX; ITPS; Powermate; iKEY SL-88 KB; Holux GM-210; Audiobahn ADD51T w/ COAX/optical converter; Road Runner; iGuidance 2.1

Comment

Yes, ikesound is completely legit. I just bought 51T from them and it arrived the next day as promised (had to pay extra for it). The DSP is installed and is working flawlessly.

FYI...Ikesound warranties 51T for 1 year as Audiobahn does not recognize Audiobahn as an authorized dealer.

Options

Comment

Great Thx for your response, gonna order one myself now.

20002001, Are U using a car pc with the 51T? Will it up and downmix any signal to 5.1?
            I think it's a good choise the ADD but just want to know from some peep who actually using them in their system. And what do you consider as cons and pros?
            Finished!
            pc 99% - install 100% - audio 100%

Comment

No, it's not connected to a car pc. However, the HU is connected through ANALOG 'A' (has three analog inputs)and the DVD player is connected digitally through coaxial (has optical input too). The ANALOG can be upconverted to 5.1. Digital, of course, is decoded to 5.1. Both analog and digital can be simulated to other sound fields like jazz, hall, stadium, disco, theater etc.

Options

Comment

Well, I just bought one. I consider $165 shipped to be a great price, and couldn't pass it up, this is the best option I was able to find. So much for the time I spent fabricating my dvd-rom drive into my dash, that's the only spot this will fit.

I think this will be a huge improvement compared to the onboard 5.1 analog out. Now to find some high quality 6' interconnects at a good price.

Hopefully this will work with the SPDIF RCA input. I'd rather not have to run an RCA to optical converter.
                In progress: M10000; Travla c134; Xenarc 700TSV; Hitachi 80GB 2.5"; 256MB ULP; M2-ATX; ITPS; Powermate; iKEY SL-88 KB; Holux GM-210; Audiobahn ADD51T w/ COAX/optical converter; Road Runner; iGuidance 2.1

Comment

Mine is hooked up but not installed, just sitting on the floor and seat with the rest of my carpc setup. One day it will be done.

I'm having the same problem as others, the spdif coax out from my Epia is not being registered. That could be because I'm not using a "real" spdif coax cable, maybe the half dozen RCA audio/video cables I have tried don't have the right resistance. I believe the cable should be 75ohm. So I'm going to order an spdif coax cable and see if that works, but it looks like I'll probably need a coax-optical converter. Ah well.

Analog works, however, and sounds amazing. This is a great deal for $150. No noise, and my gains are now very low. I wired it into the stock radio harness since it's unused, it shouldn't need a direct battery connection like the instructions specify.

This is exactly what I needed. Only other complaint is the cheap-feeling volume knob, I wish it was metal. Maybe I can find something nicer that's the correct size.

Comment

stupid question.. is this like a digital eq or what?
                    Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

It has sound field effects, but no real EQ features. Digital and analog inputs, analog outputs (at 9v!). But it's also a 5.1 decoder if you want that. I don't plan on using a center speaker though. For 5.1 sound it can mix the center to the fronts instead.

Instruction Manual.

Comment

interesting, thanks..
                        Dr. Ron Paul for President 2008

Hope for America - http://www.ronpaul2008.com

Who is Ron Paul? - Why do we need Ron Paul?

Comment

Originally posted by fonseca
                          analog outputs (at 9v!).
                          @fonseca: Do you happen to know if that output level is adjustable?

Also, thank you guys for letting us know about this. I too have been looking for a product such as this one for a while.
                          EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

The specs say 9v p-p output, which I believe refers to peak-to-peak output, the peak of each wave of current. Hmm, that doesn't tell me if it's adjustible or not, I didn't pay attention in physics class that day. I would think 9v would be the max at louder volumes, but I haven't tested with a meter, and I know there's no specific output adjustment. Basically I have no idea.

Anyway, I'll take as many volts as I can get.
                            Attached Files

Comment

I suppose I just need to plunge in and get one to find out, huh?

Thanks for your reply.
                              EPIA Nehemiah M10k, M1-ATX, 20GB 4200 RPM 2.5", 256MB RAM, Win XP Home, Gyration RF Keyboard & Mouse, Zoltrix Nightingale Optical 4.1 PCI Sound Card, Lilliput 619GL-70NP, XM-PCR w/ optical upgrade, Garmin GPS-25LVS, Microsoft MN-710 USB Wireless NIC

Comment

Working...
                              X