Audio Noise.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audio Noise.

I currently have my car computer running a 4 ch amp and a 2 ch amp for my subwoofers. When my computer starts i get a huming sort of noise out of my speakers. It is always on when the computer is on but it is not the amp because I have run that off of a head unit before. My setup is that my comp is run off a inverter in the trunk and it has a 5.1 sound card installed. Just wondering if this is invertor noise or something else. Thanks

There are many reasons why there is a hum noise. I'm going to guess it is due to distortion from outside sources. Both a PC and a Inverter generate electric disturbances around them and that is what distorts the sound. I'm sure you've had a cell phone next to a speaker and it made sounds before. It is the same concept. Try having the speaker wires further from your setup, see if that helps.

Comment

Ok ill try that thanks.

Comment

Does anyone know of any sort of emi shielding for cables that I can add or encase my psu and inverter in. Just looking for a solution, and it seems its only happening to my rear speakers dont know if that helps. My computer and inverter are in my spare whell well with the amp about 3 feet away threw 3/4 inch mdf and padding and carpeting.

Comment

I don't know if this is the same thing. But get a ground loop isolator from radio shack. It fixed my humming.
          [********--] About 90%
          Done for the most part. Except tweaking the software.
          '96 Ford Exploror, m100000, 7" lilliput molded into dash, mini ps2 keyboard from gaming store, Windows XP, Frodo.

Comment

chances are real good its a ground loop. an isolator should help you out a ton.

Comment

Working...
            X