CarPC with stock radio integration

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CarPC with stock radio integration

I have a Nissan sentra with the rockford audio fanatic package, and i would like to be able to plug my mp3 player of car pc directly into the stock HU. Does anyone know if the stock HU is capable of a aux input. I know the back of the CD player has a circular connector with multiple pins. I'm thinking this might be where to hook it up. I'll probe the pins tomorrow and find out if there is any current to any of them, but it would be nice if someone else knew anything abou it before i go poking around in there. Thanks

What year?

Comment

you can try using FM modulator instead, its easier

Comment

Get an I-Pac. It works perfect!

Comment

its a 2002 sentra ser spec v with rockford system

I just found out that it is possible to connect a cd changer to this system. Does anyone have any information on how to make my own (or where i can get) an adapter? Thanks

Comment

The answer was above... Get an FM modulator. Hassle free answer.

Comment

I'm going out on a limb here, but I'd suggest that if he paid the extra for an upgraded sound system, fm modulator quality is not exactly desirable.

I should be able to get the factory wiring diagrams for you. I'll let you know.

Comment

Yes, i would definately hate to get a modulator. The sound quality is excellent (at least i think so) for stock, and thats also why I dont want to get a different head unit. Numbers - if you know a way to use my cd changer input as an auxilary that would be great. I know if you add the option for a cd changer, it mounts in a different location on the dash, and must plug into the connector on the back of my head unit. Thanks for your help!

Comment

anyone have any information yet about the input for cd changer turned into aux input

Comment

Originally posted by jnye6625
                    anyone have any information yet about the input for cd changer turned into aux input
                    Is it an ipod? if so check out monster's icruze line of adapters

Comment

Originally posted by bluekanoodle
                      Is it an ipod? if so check out monster's icruze line of adapters
                      I hope you have your asbestos panties on, n00b....

This entire thread has been about the pros/cons of using an FM modulator with a high-end aftermarket sound system. That's what the iCruze is. Even so, the portion you quoted was referring to use of a CD-changer input, not an FM modulator.
                      Let's engage the brain before we click on that REPLY button. It would also help if you read the contents of the thread first.
                      Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
                      How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

Hey guys!

I haven't tested it, but check out this site :
                        http://www.installer-data.com/aacars...hcarsinst1.php

There is an adapter to convert the unused cd changer port to an aux-in!!

I've got a spec-V too and I'm seriously thinking that this option would be great!

If someone have tested it or heard about it, I would be interested to know more about that!!

See you around!

Phil
                        The Car : Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V 2003
                        The CarPC : Via M10k - 256mb - sb Live 5.1 - lilliput 7''
                        Media Center status : 33%
                        Car Installation status : 33%
                        WorkLog : http://mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=77258

Comment

Peripheral is a huge car stereo OEM integration company. They only make AUX input adaptors for a nissan quest. If they don't make one for your car I assume it doesn't exist. It looks like you are stuck with an aftermarket deck or modulating.

Comment

I'm going to have Nissan adapter in Feb 06. It will allow to control PC from Nissan headunit. It will run the same as all my Car2PC adapters...
                            Car pc integration with ease
                            Car mediacenter

Comment

Working...
                            X