Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oslon 8" TV aerial no sound

Hello,

I just completed my carputer install, and its running quite well, although it appears I need to get a ground loop isolatior to sort out the occasional wining noise it makes, my other problem is with the TV, the screen I bought from ebay is an oslon 8" with a built in tv tuner. The aerial that came with it is crap anyway, but even with a poor picture you got some poor sound.

Since I installed it into my car, I chopped off the end of the car aerial and soldered it on to an RCA connector, which the connects to the external aerial socket on my screen, I took the motor for a spin and parked up, as the area I stay in is renown for bad tv reception anyway. (Fife/UK). Anyhoo it tuned in and I got a great picture but no sound

Any ideas, I got told (not sure if its a wind up) that tv is broadcast in horizontal and vertical waves, and that I would only be picking up one and not the other hence good picture but no sound ?

Any ideas much appreciated
    Reanult Clio 2000
    Carputer Progress = 99.99%
    Pics of progress Gallery

you probably neglected to connect the sound output of the tv signal from the screen to your computer or speakers, however you may have set that up. There needs to be some type of connection of the tv sound to your computer unless you havent configured one of those wireless inferred connections.
    "In the beginners mind there are many possibilities, but in the experts mind there are few."- Shunryu Suzuki
    "Do it right or don't do it at all"

PROGRESS:
    [-------90%-] (New Car=New Build)

Comment

The screen has its own built in speaker
      Reanult Clio 2000
      Carputer Progress = 99.99%
      Pics of progress Gallery

Comment

Hello Fifer.

If I read your post properly, it used to work and now doesn't.

The horizontal/vertical thing doesn't make much difference unless you're receiving digital on a really low signal, but this is your best bet (it's vertical).

Generally you get sound before colour picture on a bad signal, so it sounds like a control setting or even a bad unit.

Climb up Lomond hill you should get a good signal there...
        www.debthelpexpert.org

Comment

Working...
        X