Noise in jetta what did I do wrong?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise in jetta what did I do wrong?

I have a jetta mk4. I ran my headphone line up the side of my car all the way to my aftermarket stereo's lineinput jack. When ever I fire up the ole pc I get static sound on all the speakers. I am using a cheapy lil inverter from Walmart plugged into the cigarette lighter in the back of the car. Any ideas how to get rid of the static sound? Btw it goes away as soon as the inverter is off.

Also while im on it, is there a way to make the cigarette lighter plugs in the jetta only powered when the car is on? Right now it is powered all the time.

get rid of the inverter and go with a dc to dc power supply. its more efficient. if you dont want to try grounding it to the chassis and powering it off of the battery.
    i got dat ***** sittin on 22s! SUPERMAN EDITION!

Comment

I plan on getting a dc-dc powersupply soon but for now I ran it straight from the battery, snipped the cig lighter end off, and it reduced the noise a lil bit b ut it is still there .

Comment

All of your grounds sould be to the same point a bare metal chassis connection
        If that does not fix it try searching for noise. Tons of threads on this topic.
        TruckinMP3
        D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Only ground I have is from the inverter no other grounds here. I am using all the stock vw wiring for the speakers etc so I dont have any multiple grounds to worry about do i?

Comment

You have the grounds... It may be worth it to run a ground wire from the HU to the battery (or directly to the chassis) It could make the differance.
            TruckinMP3
            D201GLY2, DC-DC power, 3.5 inch SATA

Yes, you should search... and Yes, It has been covered before!

Read the FAQ!

Comment

Working...
            X