Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just got my Extigy.. now help me set it up!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my Extigy.. now help me set it up!

I just got my New External Extigy, but i have no idea how to set this thing up for optimal sound in my car. I have a Alpine CDA-9831 head unit with the buslink plugged into the speaker jack on my on board audio on my via 800. I also have a subwoofer connected to the Alpine. Now i could just plug the mini plug into the extigy n call it a day.... but with all these connections its got me wondering if maybe i should go with the optical connection. How would i go about connecting the RCA's from the alpine to the optical out? I know nothing about optical connections and i dont know what kind of wires i'd need to make this work. If opticals not the way to go then what should i be looking at? I dont watch alot of movies in the car but would appreciate at least a 4.1 setup. I dont plan on adding a center channel. Thanks for your help!
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

ok i posted this awhile ago but still dont have an answer so i'll try again. Right now my setup goes as follows: Carputer connected to extigy via usb which is connected to the aux-in of my alpine via headphone plug to rca adapter. Is there a better way to do this. I see alot of posts about TOSLINK and optical but i have no idea if i'd be able to hook either of these two connections to my head unit. I dont really care about 5.1 or 4.1 sound i just wanna know whats the best way to get clear music with my current equiptment
    mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
    Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
    Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Miniplug into the Extigy output.

If you do any sort of TOSLINK conversion into your headunit (which doesn't support optical input), then you're taking away the audio conversion from the Extigy (point of buying it), and putting it in that TOSLINK converter (which probably wouldn't sound as good).

If you can do RCA out of the Extigy straigh to RCA on the headunit (non-miniplug), that'll be your best bet with what you've got.

Comment

Working...
      X