No announcement yet.

Cheap USB sound card

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheap USB sound card

hey guys

Tried searching for a review, but couldn't find anything.

I have a Toshiba tecra 8100 laptop, and the sound quality is really nothing flash. looking for a cheap and easy way to improve sound quality. Has anyone had any experience with these?

How would it compare to a more expensive external sound card? any advice as to whether it is likely to be ok would be great.

I just got one of these and it seems to be working pretty well

I just bought my extigy off of ebay for 40 bucks. It sounds good Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
      Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
      Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

i got the same one uk chris has....but i use it in the house (or did until i just opted for a new mobo) works well
        PC Components:
        Lilliput; XPC/FLEX mobo; 1.7 ghz P4 Mobile;512 DDR; 160 gb HDD; opus 150; slot usb dvd-rw
        My work log

after researching further

AFter further research and looking at what you guys have, i have dhanged my mind a little on what i need.

How do people without a volume knob on the sound card control volume? just through the front end? (im talking no HU). A few of the usb sound cards ive seen such as the one by philips, have a volume control knob - and look like they could be mounted just below an in dash lilliput or so. Is it a huge hassle having to change the volume on a touch screen?

We don't have a huge range here in Australia, and the shipping from the states is pretty expensive - like the philips Aurilium is only $US23, but shipping is $US40.

last question, does anyone have measurements of the philips Aurilium?