Thump in my car speakers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thump in my car speakers

hi guys i finally installed everything in my car it is great. the only problem i have is when i turn on the carpc there is a Thump in my speakers and sub. The same thing happens when i turn off my carpc.
    Is there a way of getting rid of this thump i dont think it is good for the speakers. Please help.... someone said some thing about capacitors? i am not sure how that works please shed some light on this..
    thanks

this solves the shutdown thump and it may sort the startup thump too

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57159
    My install... check it out!

www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56599

Comment

I use this:
      http://www.radiomancaraudio.com/deta...DUCT_ID=DE528T

It's a pulse timer relay that is adjustable from 0 - 90 seconds. When my soundcard was initialized in windows it made a loud pop so I just made my opus trigger this timer relay to disconnect my amps remote wire for 30 seconds, that way my computer finishes loading the sound card before the amps will turn on, bypassing that annoying pop. This will also eliminate the pop sound when the computer turns off.

If you are interested in using this relay I will post exactly how I have it wired up.

Hope this helps .

Comment

Originally posted by XxAndyxX
        I use this:
        http://www.radiomancaraudio.com/deta...DUCT_ID=DE528T

It's a pulse timer relay that is adjustable from 0 - 90 seconds. When my soundcard was initialized in windows it made a loud pop so I just made my opus trigger this timer relay to disconnect my amps remote wire for 30 seconds, that way my computer finishes loading the sound card before the amps will turn on, bypassing that annoying pop. This will also eliminate the pop sound when the computer turns off.

If you are interested in using this relay I will post exactly how I have it wired up.

Hope this helps .
        hi thanks for the reply. the problem is that i am not using opus or any other power controler. i have a switch on my dash to turn on the invertor and the computer. Will this work with that ??

thanks

Comment

yes it should do. it doesn't matter how the pc is turned on only in what order you switch on amp and pc

basically it should be PC ON - AMP ON then AMP OFF - PC OFF

i don't understand how that device (whatever it is - can't access link) can stop shutdown thump cos its a timer and you need the amp to turn off before the pc not a while after

Comment

You would just hook the trigger up to the switch. It can do both a + trigger and a - trigger, so it will definitely work.

It will stop the shutdown thump because you can make the relay run off the power from the remote wire, so that when you turn off the car it will disconnect the relay.

The relay I'm talking about is DEI's 528T:
            http://www.caraudio-caralarms.com/528T.html

Comment

right ok

Comment

the best solution would be to find like a PCI relay card to close the remote wire connection once windows has finished loading because even with my timer relay solution, if you restart the computer in windows it will make the poping noise because nothing has triggered the relay to disconnect.

Comment

the best solution would be to find like a PCI relay card to close the remote wire connection once windows has finished loading because even with my timer relay solution, if you restart the computer in windows it will make the poping noise because nothing has triggered the relay to disconnect.
                  how about just wiring some capacitors to the speaker and sub cables?? so between the soundcard and the amps.

Comment

Originally posted by akberpaf
                    how about just wiring some capacitors to the speaker and sub cables?? so between the soundcard and the amps.
                    I'm not sure if I quite understand you. Are you recommending to put a capacitor between the speaker and the amp, or between the soundcard and the amp?

Comment

I'm not sure if I quite understand you. Are you recommending to put a capacitor between the speaker and the amp, or between the soundcard and the amp?
                      between sound card and amp

Comment

Working...
                      X