Buick Amp Mounting Location

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buick Amp Mounting Location

I have a 1999 Buick Century and I'm wondering if there's a place somewhere in the dash (maybe behind the glovebox) to mount a Boss Chaos 350 Amp. I'm really trying not to mount the amp in the trunk. The front seats have springs that criss-cross or have motors making under the seats impossible.

I was looking for the smallest 4-channel amp to power my car XP computer and really wasn't looking for with this much power. Another possiblity would be to find a smaller amp that would work with my car speakers and computer. I don't need blasting audio.

Any ideas?

Diane~

Do you need your glovebox? Pics? Size of the amp is? A little more info and you might get a little more replies. Id get rid of the glovebox and make that an amprack.
    Cars
    1994 Mustang GT Punch 240.4 2 12" Kicker Comp SOLD :(

2006 Suzuki Aerio Sx Kicker KX 650.4 RE 10

2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition DVD - Navigation Package Traded in for 2008 XL-7 Limited

Car PC
    Planning

Comment

Here's the size and spec's on the amp. I probably want to keep my glovebox if all possible. It's the smallest glovebox I have ever seen in a non-sports car. The instruction book for the car barely fits inside!

4 Channel Power Amplifier

SPECIFICATIONS
      CHAOS POWER AMPLIFIERS
      Max power, 2 ohms
      100w x 4
      RMS power, 4 ohms
      40w x 4
      Signal-to-noise ratio
      90 dB
      THD
      0.05%
      Dimensions, 9 7/8"W x 2 3/16"H x ... 7 9/16"

Comment

There might be room behind the glove box, i know that would fit behind mine. Mounting it might be a pain though

Comment

Or behind the dash i opened mine up was amazed at how much eptyu space there was, specially for a mustang. You can always make a false floor or go for a on the rear deck mount. And i meant a pic of the car
          Cars
          1994 Mustang GT Punch 240.4 2 12" Kicker Comp SOLD :(

2006 Suzuki Aerio Sx Kicker KX 650.4 RE 10

2003 Eddie Bauer Expedition DVD - Navigation Package Traded in for 2008 XL-7 Limited

Car PC
          Planning

Comment

Working...
          X